Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Heartbroken

That's good to hear your family have stepped up to help support @Doglover, hopefully the help that first ten weeks gives will also bring an opportunity for you to work out finances for an ongoing support plan. I second what @Shaz51 said as well, maybe write a bullet point list of the questions or concerns you have, be quite specific and honest, so when you have your next appointment you can talk about what's not working, where you're at and where you'd both like to be in the coming months. Hope you're enjoying your evening Heart

Thanks for sharing @Shaz51 .

How does Mr Shaz cope generally. Do u find that the family r able to support each other bcoz they all hav an understanding of what each other is going thru? Or does it not work that way? Its a lot for u to cope with, especially with ur background and the challenges u must hav to face within urself as a result. Its grt that u r self employed - allows for some flexibility. And great that ur hubby is able to work. Iv bn off work for 7 months and counting and find it very frustrating not being able to work. I think work is important (although we all hate it at times) to giv a sense of purpose. Im finding it very difficult not being able to work. And sometimes its hard to fill in the days.

Mr Shaz is very blessed to hav such a loving and supportive wife in u. Im sure it must be tough at times, but the fact that u want to understand, want to be thr for him and support him is a huge thing. My hat goes off to you. (And i wish u cld send some of that my hubby's way!).

Sending best wishes your way.

💜 Doglover

Thanks @Ali11 , yes it is good. My brother and sister in law told me last night just how much they love me, which is not something thats hapnd before, not like that, so it was very emotional and meant a lot to me. I guess i need to see that as a real positive in amongst a lot of negatives at the moment. I just wish my husband wld step up with a bit more support too. Mind u, i heard today from my mum that my brother is planning on calling my husband and having a bit of a talk with him so i am praying that that might change things. I think he thinks my husband needs to step up to the plate so to speak, which i dont disagree with.

Yes its grt that the first 10 weeks are taken care off. Hopefully that will allow me/us opportunity to figure out what wre going to do after that.

Thank u for your advice re preparing for my next appointment too, thats very helpful.

How r u doing now @Ali11 , still on the improve from whr u were a cpl of weeks back? I hope so. Sending warmest wishes to u.

💜 Doglover

Love and hugs your way. Relationship breakdowns are the most difficult thing to have to deal with when we feel so broken in ourselves because not only do we feel like we are disappointing ourselves, but we also have to worry about how it's affecting those around us who we love. Your post resonates so much with how I've been feeling also.

That's quite beautiful to hear @Doglover, about your brother and sister in law opening up to you and sharing their love. That must've been a really powerful moment for you. The conversation with your husband should hopefully help too. Things are okay here, an afternoon nap and some comedy on tv today Smiley Happy 

Hi @Inmybubble , are you new to the forum? Welcome if u r! You will meet some lovely caring people on here, if u havnt alrdy.

Thanks so much for your lovely response. Coming to terms with MI, the impact it has on u, ur life and relationships is a very difficult journey. Im sorry u r travelling that journey too. Its a hard road. All u want is for things to be the way they were pre MI, but unfortunately it doesnt work that way. That is sonething i hav struggled with tremendously. I love my husband dearly, as he does me, but yes, the impact of my MI on our relationship, and his way of dealing with it, has been extremely challenging, and continues to be. I wish you all the best on ur journey and sending u warmest wishes. I hope you find lots of support here on the forum.

💚 Doglover

Thanks @Ali11 , yes it was very special. I kind of feel like thrs a bit of a family intervention going on which is nice on the one hand bcoz they love me enoigh to do that, but hard on the other hand that im the subject of the intervention! My brother is on the phone to my hubby as we speak so im rather nervous. I just hope the outcome is a positive one. 

Watching Dogs Make you Laugh Out Loud on telly - right up my alley!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.