Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Re: Still damned safe

I’m doing Health Science in nutrition and exercise @Historylover 

The 10 weeks go so fast! I’ve found it all interesting so far except for the excel and referencing which really stress me lol

And @Eve7, my course is part-time i.e., one subject per term as with the 10-week courses. Full-time is two subjects per term, but I don't know if I could cope with that. Could you—or am I overestimating the workload? I'm very interested in your opinion. Have you done two 10-week courses in a term?

Sounds fascinating @Eve7. I was thinking of doing Physiology for 10-weeks, but as I had long wanted to test myself to the fullest extent by doing this other, I was wondering if I was just being a chicken by reconsidering. I just want to prove something to myself...that in different life circumstances, I could have achieved more academically. More 10-week courses are still a possibility if it gets too taxing or time-consuming.

As for stress re Excel, I haven't done that yet. I cancelled one course when I learned it required us to do a PowerPoint presentation, aargh, then did another course instead, but went back as I was determined not to let PowerPoint beat me. It was so much fun, and a cinch, but referencing is a nightmare.

Hi @Historylover . 🙂

Yeah, I'm still here. Although I must admit I'm not as present on here these days. For whatever reason, I just don't feel the oomph to be particularly active on the Sane forums these days. I see posts go by on the front page, and they seem like the sorts of things I really ought to respond to, but I just leave them be with only a "thumbs up".

Hope you are doing well! 🙂

So good to hear from you @chibam. I'm pleased you're doing alright, I just needed to check in to make sure all is well with you, or reasonably so.

I'm doing alright for the most part. Sending best wishes to you. 😊👍

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.