Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

lr237787
New Contributor

not sure how to ask for help

Hello, I have been struggling through mental health issues for a while, ever since I hit puberty. I have always been paranoid but it got worse in college when I had two psychotic breaks. From what I remember I had some hallucinations and extreme paranoia and other delusions. Now I feel like another one is coming back, but I do not know how to talk to someone for help. I do not trust my doctor or any therapist because they steal my thoughts and put new ones inside. I want to tell someone how I get acid reflux every time I look at someone in the eye. My mom, who I tell a lot of things pertaining to my mental health, does not understand and tells me to get over it. It takes me a while to trust someone enough to talk about my mental health, because the only friends I used to talk to about it totally backstabbed me during my first psychotic break. Who can I talk to about this?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: not sure how to ask for help

Hi @lr237787

Welcome to the SANE forums and am glad you have felt at ease to tell us a bit about your story.

It must be very hard to be living with that especially when you feel you cannot open up to anyone about what you are experiencing. Whilst I have a MI, it differs quite a bit from yours, however there are members on here that will fully understand. However I do understand how lonely it can be and how friends seem to run for the hills when we have problems.

I am going to tag two members @greenpea and @Queenie who I know will be able to relate to this and I am sure many more will come on board soon.

Again welcome to SANE and if you would like to tag a member, just put a @ before their name.

Re: not sure how to ask for help

@lr237787 Hi  and welcome Ir237787 and thanks @Snowie for tagging me. I have bipolar1 and schizoaffective disorder and have delusions and hallucinations and voices which are mostly controlled by medication, mostly that is. It can be a very lonely ride mental illness particularly when those around your feel that you should be able to get over it .... it is not that easy is it?

My mother is great but also thinks I should be functioning like I did before and right now I cant. I wish I could but I just can ... not saying that it will be like that forever as with the right meds, therapists and pdocs there is always hope and I am an eternal optimist :). 

Have a look around our threads there are many different ones. Ones where we just sit and have a chat with others or where you can just have a good old rant you will never be alone in Forumland. 🙂 Again welcome.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.