Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Views on Depression

Far out. This thread is starting to kick my ass. Wasn't anticipating so much conflict when I started this post--I'm probably not in the best frame of mind to have these conversations even if I want to.

@Former-Member can this thread be closed or I be removed from it--I can't handle this right now.

Hi @saltandpepper,

Just sent you an email.

@saltandpepper, all good here, I totally get where you are coming from and what your saying, I certainly do not feel bad if I stay in bed for the entire weekend and you are definately onto something, I dont like or accept the implication that because I have mental health challanges that I am supposed to feel bad or apologise for having a meltdown or losing my shit or staying in bed for days in a row, if its what I feel I need to do at that given time to get through that day or the next couple of days or even the next hour I will do it loudly and proudly, I kind of live by the motto, "Its ok to hit rock bottom and have a meltdown, just dont unpack and move in there" rather spend a lil time then onwards with my journey. 

I will do what it takes to get the peace I need, I am on a massive learning curve and I dont feel that there should be any wrongs and rights, just what helps.

Hi everyone here  @saltandpepper @QueenBubsy @Fruitloops @Appleblossom @chibam @HenryX @LostAngel,

Reading through this thread, I wanted to say a thank you to @saltandpepper for raising the discussion. What I am hearing is that we all perceive our experiences of depression and recovery in different ways, and it can be helpful to share and learn about the different ways that depression impacts our lives. This conversation has been discussing different experiences within our community guidelines of respect which is good to see. 

@saltandpepper your post has been really validating for lots of people here (myself included), and also offered some really robust discussion about individual experience- after all, our own perceptions of our mental health, how we make meaning of it and what recovery looks like is so individual to us all 💜 It sounds like each person has had their own takeaways too from the discussion here today. I hope that the discussion here doesn't discourage you- our community is built on the courage and openness to ask questions and share perspectives, which you have done here today 🙂 I'm going to send you an email to check in 🙂 

Hi everyone,

Just letting you know we have had a request to close replies to this thread for now, but want to make sure that members can read along and hear all the experiences and perspectives here as there are lots of insights 💜

For those of you following along, please feel free to keep supporting @saltandpepper in their recent thread over here.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.