Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

RG01
Senior Contributor

Panic Attacls

Well here I am again.... 4:20am I've spent the last hour n half trying to get control of a panic attack. I'm feeling much more stable now. I've just come to New Zealand for my very first os trip. My Besty invited me which was lovely.
She's been great - but she is not someone who displays affection or is in any way reassuring and comforting. She took me to stay a few days at a friends who lives in somewhat of a shed. Though she is a lovely person - this place is cold and I'm also suffering some serious alergies from nearby kiwi and avo orchards- all around in fact. My chest is tight and full of crap- my throat is swollen and my nose is stuffy and baaaaam maaaaam with the panic attacks. I don't know what to do. We're leaving this area tomorrow but meantime it's a put up job. I just messaged with a friend from London and that helped. It's so much harder being in another country. I just wish I had better strategies in place. I shouldn't have them at all ;(

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Panic Attacls

I think feelings sometimes are a sign post about what we are dealing with. Not a moral issue of what we should or should not feel.  You must be stressed from travelling and the allergens ,,, go gently with yourself,

Re: Panic Attacls

As you're leaving the area tomorrow @RG01 you should start to get a bit of relief soon. If you can get an antihistamine from a chemist it could help you too.

When you're feeling so miserable it can be hard to remember that this is only going to be for a limited length of time. In the meantime try to concentrate on the different scenery and enjoy your first os holiday as much as you can.

Have you got anyway that you can think of that will help calm you when you're experiencing a panic attack. Is there anything that has helped you in the past?

Thinking of you 🎶
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.