Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

MrNZ
Casual Contributor

Not sure

Things have been very stressful for a long time now, stuck in my own business (work) same problems and issues day to day. Not feeling like I am winning. 

I play some sport and have a happy home life, but work is such a big part of our lives it really has taking over. I know I need a solid plan to move forward but when I am down and out at a point of not wanting to even move (stay in bed, not go out side or even answer the phone....for days on end) 

I am finding it hard to have a win, to gather good feelings to move forward. I find it hard to talk to friends, I dont have to many close friends. Is there a group of people/meetings in Brisbane?

Any view will help.

Side note, I am thinking about the SANE Vietnam trek at the end of the year (maybe a goal) is anyone doing this? 

4 REPLIES 4
utopia
Senior Contributor

Re: Not sure

@MrNZ. Just an idea, but would it help to talk to an experienced Careers Counselor. Someone who can see all your years of experience and skills, and how to translate them into a new job?
getbetter
Senior Contributor

Hello @MrNZ It seems like you may be catching and aware of a problem early here, you are still working, have family support, functioning reasonably well, now would be a good time to research help for your symptoms, maybe talk to a psychologist, try something new that may gather your interest, art, music if you are into that, join a support group, not saying you don't have tough times, but getting help and developing skills early may prevent things escalating,

hello @MrNZ there is this group, https://www.grow.org.au/qld/ that has support groups in brisbane, not sure what there programmes are.

MrNZ
Casual Contributor

I went and seen a psychologist today, first time! 

Nice/ different, but it is a start. I guess that could be my small win for the day. 

I will check out the groups and see what they are about (thanks)

I do think I need to change my work path, but been stuck to it is my issue, finding mentours and groups not just for business but life is very hard for me to find/ trust.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.