Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Need to vent

I just got an email from Centrelink saying they have approved my medical certificate exempting me from looking for work until middle of June!!!!  I am happy, the pressure has been lifted and i feel lighter for now. 

Thank you @Owlunar  I am trying to put one foot in front of the other each day.  Thhis morning i took myself for a walk with my ear plugs and music.  Just to be out in the fresh air and walk slowly to loosen up my tight hips was great.

My D is packing ready for her move in the next week or so.  

I'm seeing my physio this afternoon who will bulk bill me which is nice of her.  She;s in the same rooms as my new GP.  I have made my decision to stay with this new GP; i will let them know later if they can get my file from the other clinic.  I was a bit scared of doing it because of fear of 'making my doctor angry with me' and 'he'll hate me' - but reality is that i have now found someone who is young, up with all the medical stuff; knows his stuff and understands a lot about BPD and what treatments help.  He is also very well know in my area, he has patients that have followed him from suburbs 30 mins away - that says a lot.  I have to think about myself and not my GP.  Yes it is sad leaving a clinic after 4 years, he was good but i think it was getting a bit stale and I needed another opinion, different advice.  

Catching up with a friend soon for coffee. With the chemist job i didn't ear back much to my dissapointment; i don't know why he (manager/owner) said he will call me when he never did.  

Anyway for now i will enjoy my daily walk/walks and just not be too pressured. I am not going to look for work for now; i will stop looking through Seek.  it was getting to be too obsessive.

hi friends @Eve7 @NatureLover @Shaz51 @BPDSurvivor @MDT and others following - 

Am happy for you @BlueBay  about the approved leave from job hunting 🙂 Also about your new GP. Enjoy your coffee with your friend 🙂

That sounds good @BlueBay 

You need the time off work and looking for work to recover your health - physical and mental - and I do understand about Centrelink - I was within a few weeks of finishing my pass degree and they wanted me to stop and look for full-time work - totally unreasonable - I did lose the plot right there in front of everyone and they listened to me and said I had enough part-time work to last me until the university year had finished. It is stressful going through all of that when it's enough pressure to getting from day to day

There's no need to worry about your previous GP - Dr Phil always says that what other people think about us is none of our business and he is right - the previous doctor is professional and if he is angry it might be at himself - he was getting pretty bland with his comments and that wasn't helpful for you. And he won't "hate" you - believe me - most people are too busy concerned with their own affairs to "hate" anyone else. I hate cauliflower with a vengeance - I am sure the cauliflowers don't careSmiley Frustrated

Anyway - that's good work - getting your music and walking as often as possible - right - one step in front of the other - you will miss your D and little A but your house will be quieter and this will give you time to recover - I wish your D the best - I missed my daughter when she moved out - twice - when she was very young too - but after she had made the first move she had already made that step and that's an important part of maturing. My daughter took on a man with the full custody of three children too - a big step for a girl of 18 - they eventually got married. As they say - life goes on

Dec

Sounds like you are getting by well @BlueBay
Good on you my awesome friend 🙂

I'm feeling really sad. Flat.  No real reason 

Abdo and hip pain. 
there's lots of tears that need to come out 

@MDT @Owlunar @NatureLover @Eve7 @BPDSurvivor @Shaz51 

hello and hugs my sister @BlueBay , lots of hip and legs pains here Heart

@BlueBay
come on over to the feast if you feel like it my friend 🙂

@MDT @Shaz51 @Owlunar @NatureLover @Eve7 @BPDSurvivor 
Had an argument with hubby reg no money in savings account

does he ever check? NO

Has he any idea on the balance? NO

he must think i have a money tree somewhere that I just top up every now and then!!

isnt it time he learns how to do internet banking and check balance? YES

I shouldn't have to hold all this responsibility snd pressure on me 

I'm made to feel thst it's my fault 

that somehow I fix things 

the only way I can fix it is find a job

but I can't right now 

he has no f,,,ng idea 

panic feeling has hit me 

I can't cope 

ohh my sister @BlueBay you will find that it is all the wives that know how much money is in the bank 

I do totally everything too 

working.jpg

Love the picture @Shaz51  it made me laugh 😆 

it's just frustrating. I will try to ignore it. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.