Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

john74
Senior Contributor

Despair due to relationship breakdown

Hi l had recently entered into a relationship and moved in with a lady but just this morning she told me it was over after only 3 months. I don't know what to do 

50 REPLIES 50

Re: Despair due to relationship breakdown

Hey @john74 ,

I'm sorry to hear about what has happened. It sounds like you have a lot happening for you in life, and now to be told that this new relationship is over.

Do you think she would be open to talking it through?

We hope you feel supported here on the forums.

Yes l need to talk to someone l m scared of chasing mentally again

@john74 ,

Do you know about SANE's Guided Service? https://www.sane.org/referral I wonder if this would be a service you are eligible and interested in if you are not part of it already?

We are here to support you.

Dear @john74 

You have done a good action in caring for your thoughts. 
We keep our forums user friendly for vulnerable people. 

Are you safe tonight ? 

Would you like to talk? 

@john74 I’m sorry to hear you’re feeling lost. Understandably you must be upset and confused, which is valid. My partner left me after one year last December, so I understand the emotions you might be feeling right now. Reaching out for help is a good step, try connecting to others in your life such as family, friends etc where you can. Take care of yourself and be safe

Hi @PeppyPatti l need to talk to someone l am so down 

Hi @Parzival l am feeling terrible and unfortunately l don't have any family l am in contact with due to my marriage breakdown in late 2022.l was just beginning to be able to trust people again and this happens and its very awkward because we moved in together and she assured me everything was OK but now she is only here the minimum time to sleep doesn't even speak. 

Hi @john74 

Do you feel safe ? 

This is the most important thing. 

Are you able to make an appointment with a GP ? 

Hi @PeppyPatti l am hurting very badly she had previously invited me to go camping with her now l m told lm not allowed to which hurts . I don't know whether to move out or not or just have space. My gp is some distance away so not easy to see short term.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.