Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Checking In

TY my sister @Appleblossom Heart

How was your day? Is there anything you need to talk about?

I know it has not been easy day for me

Tomorrow I am going to get stuck into cleaning the house

I would like to be doing more but I don't know where to start

Its the negative talk because I have tried in the past but I have not got anywhere

You're so creative and thoughtful and have many wonderful qualties apple

Hi @oceangirl   hope today is better for you.  I'm glad to hear you will be seeing your surgeon today.  Hopefully they can make recommendations that help you.  I  don't know what sort of surgery you had, but any surgery is serious stuff.  Don't worry about supporting others when you are dealing with so much yourself - it's swings and roundabouts here on the forums - sometimes we need the support and other times we are able to offer it to others - no pressure.  It's good to see you have support here.

Hi @oceangirl and a shout-out to all these wonderful members who've been supporting you through this rough time. (@outlander @Appleblossom @eth @Shaz51)

I'm sending warm thoughts your way, along with loads of sunshine to brighten your day. OMG! That rhymed! 😆 A roll in the hay and lobster on a tray. Do you hear what I say? Bah ha ha ha har!!! 🤣 What would you do without humourous ding-dongs like me, eh?🤡

I agree that life's up's and down's are a part of our humanness, otherwise we'd all be stuck in one level of emotion instead of experiencing all the colours that life has to offer and learn very little about ourselves and the world around us.

"The Byrds" said it better than most...

To everything turn, turn, turn

There is a season turn, turn, turn

And a time to every purpose, under heaven

A time to be born, a time to die

A time to plant, a time to reap

A time to ###, a time to heal

A time to laugh, a time to weep

A time build up, a time to break down

A time to dance, a time to mourn

A time to cast away stones, a time to gather stones together...

A time of love, a time of hate

A time of war, a time of peace

A time you may embrace, a time to refrain from embracing...

A time to gain, a time to lose

A time to rend, a time to sew

A time for love, a time for hate

A time for peace, I swear it's not too late...

🕊

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKP4cfU28vM

Thank you @oceangirl 

One of the problems of being a woman today can be feeling responsible for living in a constant state of home beautiful. 

Its unrealistic and does my head in ... and sometimes I get very teenagery and refuse, and then yoyo back to being good mum teacher blah blah blah ... Just doing dishes today and fixing meal for me, as son gone out for a couple of nights.

That was a lovely post @Hope4me 

I had my ndis planning meeting today.  I was not well before it, but rallied.  I think it was a good outcome, so I feel relieved, but needing to be quiet and low key for a few days.

that was a lovely post my @Hope4me  Heart

Hello @oceangirl , @Appleblossom , @eth , @outlander 

Thanks @Appleblossom and @Shaz51 Heart

Thinking of you too @oceangirl 💌

I'm a bit tired tonight guys. Do you mind if I get back to you tomorrow- I have to get up early in the morning. I have work being done at my house in the morning and I have to do a few things tonight to get organized for tomorrow. Thinking of you all @Hope4me @Shaz51 @Appleblossom @eth @outlander @Snowie @Queenie 

@Former-MemberI can't tag Tab and its happen before on this thread and other threads too. 

Goodnight @oceangirl  sleep well. Hoping the days ok tomorrow 

Hi @oceangirl,

That sounds frustrating. I'm unsure of the reason for this so I'll have to pass it on to our Community Managers. They work during business hours and will get back to you as soon as they can.

Take care,

Tortoiseshell

@oceangirl 

Look after you. Dont worry.  Early nights are a great idea, says me, checking in late 1.30am.

Smiley Happy

Heart

The tagging @TAB  thing sometimes does not work for me eith. its that having only 3 letters in name ... the system prefers 4 letters ... this time it worked.  Hi Puddy tat.

@outlander  Did you ask me somewhere about my cat, sitting on elbow, he is a domestic long hair ...

Hugs Bellas ... just the girls ... lol

Smiley Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.