Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: With coffee .... without coffee. A place for us coffee lovers and coffee!

images (50).jpeg

#simpleblessings

That sounds like a very long haul with your husband's health, I'm glad it's turning the corner now, it much be such a relief.

Yes I do like the weekend tho I'm unemployed (looking for work) so it's not that different from the week. I had a nice day yesterday, I helped a friend with some gardening - I was flattered to be asked as I don't get aksed to help much usually it's me who need the support!

Hope you're having a lovely weekend Cat Happy

hi @LadyleahRDBloom @Former-Member @Gazza75 hope you're enjoying your weekends & travelling well.

@Former-Member- Wish I had a nice deck to enjoy the sun, i have to settle on some steps and chasing the sun 🙂

@BryanaCamp- I'm glad you have a park nearby where you can stretch your legs and get some good hiking in.  I think we're very fortunate to have the parks we do.  The change to decaf doesn't seem like much of a leap after all that's happened the last year.  I haven't noticed much difference with the change as yet.  All I can say, some of it tastes pretty darn bad.  LOL 🙂  

morning coffee lovers, I'm starting today with a very strong, stove-top espresso coffee as I have a challenging appointment today where I'll need to be alert & perform well!

@Former-Member sorry I wrote you a reply yesterday but forgot to tag you, it's a few posts up ^^^

hi @Gazza75 @LadyleahRDBloom @Former-Member hope your Tuesday is a good day for you Cat Happy

@BryanaCamp- Thanks, I hope you have a great day also.  I've been thinking about taking on my second coffee of the day.  Having decaf first never quite satisfies.  I'm rather jelous of your fancy stovetop creation!  Wishing you well at your important appointment, I'm sure you will kick ass and take names as they say!

Good morning to everyone else having there coffee goodness 🙂

thanks for your encouragement with my appointment @Gazza75 , it really helps & I appreciate your effort when you may be going thru some difficult stuff yourself. It went ok, did my best so now having a celebratory beer. For the mods, I fully appreciate that alcohol has it's risks and should be drunk in moderation if at all, I do not suggest that anyone drink it for any reason.

Yeah, my stove-top coffee pot is nice, I invested in it 20 years ago when I was a student, it's Italian & built to last, a lovely design.

Hope you've had a good day. I'm unemployed & looking for library work, just gotta keep trying. Are you able to work at the minute?

@BryanaCamp- I've had a good day so far.  Your welcome, congrats on your success and celebrations.  I think I might know the itaian style coffee top unit you have.  Do they come in different sizes?  The one I'm thinking of does, though usually its only the larger one that I see.  Mine lasted for ages, but, eventually the filter part warped and didn't fit in right.

I hope you score a library job.  I spend a fair bit of time at library and have considered it as an occupation at various times.  I enjoy helping people and also they are relatively quiet places.  I'm a member of 3 libraries, 2 local and one in the city.

I've been lucky enough to hold down a job the last 12 months after going through my MH issues.  I worked 2 days a week for a lot of last year and returned to full time work this year.  We've just gone through a restructure where I had to apply for my role again.  That was fairly nerve racking, but, i managed to secure it again.  In hindsight I probably returned to work a bit earlier than I should have.  It would of been better to take time and assess where I was mentally a bit more than I did, even to do some more therapy.  

Most of my efforts and thoughts are about losing weight, as thats been the main side effect.  I had a blood test today and GP visit soon.  Hopefully he agrees to change or eliminate some of the meds I'm on.

Hi everyone. Sorry for not replying. It's been a rough week for me. it was the anniversary of my mother's death yesterday and previously one of my clients at retail training threatened me. I was a mess and cut most of my hair off. 

Things are looking up though!

Yesterday @BryanaCamp  I got a call asking me to go to a job interview. I'm incredibly excited as this place helps women in need which is something I'm passionate about. 

Have a coffee and think of me on friday morning ladies and gents XX

Good evening @LadyleahRDBloom  ... no apologies needed for not replying until now.  Never any pressure to respond here.  Just turn up when you choose or when you're able.  Sorry to hear its been a rough week for you.  Perhaps you can turn having cut much of your hair off, into a bit positive?  Does it look good?  Is it nice and easy care?  

Fantastic news with your upcoming job interview, and how good that its in a field in which you are passionate about.  I will most definitely be thinking of you on Friday morning, and I shall have fingers and toes crossed for you.  Very best of luck.

Hello also to @Gazza75 @BryanaCamp @Former-Member @Ali11   Always a pleasure seeing you around.

Sherry 

@LadyleahRDBloom  you might need this brolly if it is raining today.

images.jpeg

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.