Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Saturday Soiree - all welcome!!

Ok wasn't thinking black jacket more like lack sensitive touch @ adge
Im addicted to baths had one in house last 3 years do most days have salts candles etc love it

Well have had all sorts on
Spectrum ok mostly good else wouldnt get it @eth

Lol @Adgere  s & m or d & b massage - images of whips flying!! 

@Adge @TAB  I'm not even going to ask google for an image of that - goodness only knows what I'd find!!

Here's Hercules - dealing with those Pesky Baddies (Good on Him)....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtvCQFsYRJo

Magic & Nasty Baddies in this movie too - I love this Song & Movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbRhriXYQLI

Everyone is a Sleep Funny Cat Quotes |Cat Pictures

Good morning to all passing here today. @Mazarita  @Adge @Shaz51 @TAB  @SmilingGecko @greenpea @outlander @Exoplanet @MDT @Zoe7 @Faith-and-Hope @Maggie @CheerBear @Snowie @Sans911 @Former-Member @frog @Appleblossom@Teej and hoping I haven't missed anyone I've had recent contact with.

Heads up that I'm away again from Tuesday til Friday week so will probably be back here on 22nd Feb.  Notifications will be off but for a weekly digest, so don't be offended or concerned if you don't hear from me.

So looking forward to this trip.  3 nights in a resort at the beginning and have now arranged to catch up with several close friends, both old and new when in the city the following week.  Just hoping and wishing that this weather, much as we need it, clears up on the days I am flying.  Typical me being anxious about that in advance even tho' there's not a thing I can do about it.  I'm a bit of a nervous flyer at the best of times! 

It's a total extravagance financially but I won't do any other trips this year except Mum's 80th birthday, which bro says we will drive up for.  And will do my best to be disciplined about spending after I get back.  Even just a coffee or a cheap lunch once a week adds up over a month.  And no new clothes no matter how much of a bargain they are.  Not much else I can avoid spending on except to keep trying to cut right down on smoking.  Giving myself another date to have another go at ceasing when I get back from my trip. Chemist costs monthly have just gone up again with the new med not on the pbs.  Can't avoid those expenses.  Just that is over $230 a month.  Even food is not much more than that.  Then there's phone and credit card and car insurance and psychiatrist and tai chi classes ... At least my wifi at home and electricity are included in my rent.  I should stop raving about $$ here.  I'm sure it's not easy for any of us here.  So many of us are on DSP.    

Sending off my application for a companion card on Monday so that's one thing I can tick off my list before I go.  At least then I'll be able to do something like see a movie without having to also buy a ticket for my support worker.  And I'll get focussed on completing the public/social housing paperwork as soon as I return.  Not so down about that now that my holiday approaches and I've put it on hold til I get back.  Plus my coordinator of supports and one of my support workers have said they can help with it.

Just rambling here but it's good to get a sense of overview of the big picture by writing it out.

Will be around a bit today and tomorrow if anyone wants to have a chat.

Take care all xx

Edit :  I meant to post all this on the A long rave  thread!  Ooops!

hope you enjoy your time away @eth

@eth

I do hope that your trip is a good one my friend.

Rant away about money haha. I am the same.

Small costs definitely add up over time.

It is what it is my friend.

Hope you are okay today and not too wet or hot in your neck of the woods
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.