Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Jude’s Jungle

DONT BEAT YRSELF UP @Judi9877 😅😸🙋‍♂️😆

Thanks for sharing your jungle with us @Judi9877 . It means a lot to me. You have a truely amazing heart and along with your experiences, you would make you an incredible mental health worker. You've seen what it is like from the other side which means you are the expert. 

I remember I had a peer support worker during my recovery. She visited me at PARCs when I was there and I remember knitting and making bracelets with her. Her stories of struggle helped me to persevere and push through the dark clouds. That peer support worker made a huge impact on my life, and hence I opened up my heart to also becoming a peer support worker/mental health worker.

Without my experiences (including the most difficult and dark times), I'm pretty sure I wouldn't even consider working in this line of work. It's so incredibly worth it. And it's so rewarding at the same time.

Speak soon, 

tyme

Morning @Judi9877 ,

Hope this way finds you well. What’s happening in the jungle today?

Thinking of you, BPDSurvivor

Morning @Judi9877,

Just thought I'd drop by and say hi. How are you this morning?  How's your knitting and crocheting going?

Hope you are well and look forward to seeing you on the forums soon.

Best wishes,

FloatingFeather

Hey @Judi9877 Just popping my head in to see how you're doing. I'm sorry to see things are difficult at the moment. Thank you for sharing with us all that you do, I always learn so much from you. Thinking of you and wishing you well 😊

Hi @Judi9877 

How are you? I noticed in your good morning thread that things were a bit stressful. I hope you are feeling better.

I wanted to say thankyou for expressing yourself so openly in regards to your schizophrenia. I'm not sure if you know that I live with someone also diagnosed with schizophrenia.

When you mentioned that the changes about your meds had been possible cause of stress, it helped to give me an insight on how my housemate might also mentally process change.

I'm also glad you liked my analogy of tangled balls of yarn, I described a few days ago! Some days feel clear and with direction - other days are a bit harder.

Kind regards,

maddison

Hello and hugs @Judi9877 , sitting with you my friend 💖💖

Hello there @Shaz51 @maddison @Paperdaisy @FloatingFeather @BPDSurvivor @TAB @Sirius @TuxedoCat @Snowie @tyme @Rhye and all those joining me today in the jungle. Welcome and thanks for stopping by. It’s very much appreciated all the support I have here on the forums and makes me feel less alone and isolated out in this crazy world that is my life at the moment.

For those of you not aware, things have changed somewhat over the past few days since my last entry which means a I’ve been admitted to the local hospital psych ward as of Tuesday morning via ED on Monday night thanks to a letter from my case manager and the psych registrar at the local mental health service on Monday afternoon. I came to the hospital via ambulance as I was very suicidal and kept hearing voices and after waiting 7 hours in Emergency for a bed there, I got one at midnight and was admitted to the psych ward at 11am soon after. The psychs are looking at my meds and trying to get them sorted out as well as trying to fix my sleep which has been bad since September last year when they changed my meds over initially. The sleep is still an issue so I don’t know what they’re going to do about it as I’m on sleeping tablets to limited success. My appetite isn’t the best either and hasn’t been since November so that’s also an issue but for me, it’s just like I’m over food and can’t be bothered eating or cooking. I’m over eating the same old things and have lost interest in food because of this. 

Over the past few days, I’ve been doing some knitting of a blanket and managed to complete 2 strips that were partly done and I’ve also knitted and completed a beanie that I started at 1am on Tuesday morning in the ED as I couldn’t sleep. I found a crochet hook so I’ve also been slowly working on a granny square blanket on a 4mm crochet hook so that’s a change from the knitting and it’s helping. I’m currently also reading a book called Rachel’s Holiday by Marian Keyes about a lady who gets admitted to a fictitious psych facility in Ireland because of drug use which is funny in parts as she initially thought the facility was a celebrity place only to be disappointed and realise no celebrities are at the facility. It reminds me of what I went through recently at PARCS whereby I thought I was going to get my meds changed only to find out it wasn’t going to happen. At least now I’m in hospital and the psychs are actually looking at my meds to see what they can do about them so that’s a positive in that regard. 

Onsy. Time to go and rest for a while. Talk later.

Judi9877

Thankyou for the update my friend @Judi9877 

Sending you lots of hugs and sitting with you xxxx 

Wow, @Judi9877 - What a journey you have been on! Thank you so much for being here and sharing this update with us all. We are honoured to be sitting alongside you 💓

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.