Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Good Morning!

Times have definitely changed @TAB. Anything you can do for yourself in terms of food, even something small, is a good thing. 

yes,  thats true @Molliex  esp re cost, environment, waste, transport costs, coles cheese bought other day comes from Netherlands. Why? Cauliflower cheese used to buy made in Belgium.  US company bought out aust food processing company 0 plus years ago, now deleting aust corn etc, comes from US lol ok that was Simplot, so food travels more than I do, with everyone taking a cut along the way . Sorry, got on soapbox 

Rant away @TAB, I agree with you. Hope you have a nice day ahead. 

its okay I've stopped now @Molliex  hope you have a good day as well

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Molliex  ... Ive never been into crafty things either, always having been more the sporty type.  But @Gazza75  has been doing diamond painting for a little while now and has been posting about it on the Craft Thread. He's done some really nice ones and has got me interested. So I decided to try it myself, and did my first little beginners attempt last week. Now working on a larger one, of a green tree frog.  Its coming along well.  Diamond Painting is, as described by Gazza (help me out here) a little bit like painting (or colouring) by numbers.  Only you have a canvas with a grid thing on it full of little symbols, which has been prepared with a sticky adhesive.  The kit supplies a stack of little dots (can be either square or round) of many different colours.  And you follow the grid directions to apply all the tiny little dots into the proper squares to end up with a lovely sparkly painting.  Its fun and anyone can do it.  Would make lovely gifts (Gazza is planning on giving one of his to his brother) either as a finished product framed, or else as a kit for anyone who is into crafts and like to make their own.

Gardening ... Hmmm ... I love a nice vege patch, but havent had one for a few years now. @TAB  Lack of time to care for one mainly.  But at the moment I am collecting the Woolies 'potted fun for all' seed pots.  I have lots of herbs all sprouting ... corriander, cress, rocket, dill, parsley.  Will soon need to plant them out into bigger pots or find a spot in the garden.  I also have some snapdragons, but not sprouted yet.  And for veges I have ... lettuce (already sprouted) carrots and beetroot all happening. Just a bit of fun.  Love watching things grow.  @Molliex  this could be something your little girl would enjoy too.  Do you have a woolies nearby?  I think you get one little plant kit for every $30 spend.

Thanks @Meowmy @Ant7 

Sherry 🌿🥕🥒🍅

Former-Member
Not applicable

Screenshot_20190707-093351-01.jpeg

thanks for the tag @greenpea  and everyone. Great weather for gardening... after church maybe. Wondering what everyone else is up to ?  Take care 🌷

yes I did see the woolies thing, I guess you/I/anyone could just buy them from there? @Former-Member  thats good that you are growing stuff, I need to commit, ok first step is seriou weeding ha  ..ugh

nice pic @Former-Member  not up to much here today, hop eyou have a good day

@Molliex  Thanks 😊

Former-Member
Not applicable

garden planter -084041_1.jpeg

Thanks @TAB  I got myself one of these elevated garden beds yesterday, from Bunnings, for a little herb garden, and maybe lettuce. Hoping it will be easier off the ground. 🌱

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.