Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: not feeling good

good night my wonderful sister @BlueBay , sleep well my darling HeartHeart

@BlueBay  It’s very late but I just got home, just wanted to pop in and say you have been in my thoughts all day.  I hope you can enjoy a restful sleep tonight and the view of the world is a little brighter tomorrow.

Take care of yourself my wonderful new friend, sending you lots of love ❤️❤️

It’s 5am and I can’t sleep. We got a disconnection notice yesterday. 

I can’t deal with my life issues anymore. I’m so over it sll. 

I prayed last night but stopped because I was crying so much. 

I dont know what to do snymire 

hubby says “don’t worry “

hiw the f... do I NOT worry. 

My mentsl illness makes me more emotional more sensitive more overwhelmed and he says don’t worry. 

I csnt see how I csn be happy in this current life

i don’t and can’t think about moving. 

Iur last move only a year ago was the first break from my parents. We bought our very own home on our own. No parents influence. It was the best feeling snd scary to buy. Snd niw thst feeling has all gone because of the poss thought of hsbing to sell sgsin. 

I just can’t do it. 

sobbing while I write this hope I’m making sense. 

All I can see if my life is crap bad terrible hopeless - and I feel the same. 

Im so damn angry at the abusers - I hope they suffer so much. It makes me f,,,, sngry thst my brother 

I csnt do this snymore

Hi @BlueBay. Hope it is OK to jump in. I often catch your struggles and the way you keep going even when it feels and is so hard that you want to give up.

I'm really sorry to hear you had that notice. That would be a huge stress.

Lots of hugs for you BlueBay. I hope something can be worked out soon 💙

Hearing you too @BlueBay .... ❤️

🌷 @CheerBear

@BlueBay  Regarding the disconnection notice, ring the company, explain that at the moment the money isn’t there and can you get it deferred for a month and be put on a more manageable payment plan.  Companies will generally work in with their customers, they mostly want to know that you are trying to sort it out and are not just ignoring the account.  If it’s a power, gas, phone account, ask them if they can give you a better deal to help save $$.  These companies are aware they charge through the nose, they are always offering better deals for people to switch to them and they don’t usually automatically give their existing customers that deal unless the customer contacts them and asks for it. Wether it’s a utility company or otherwise, no one (usually) wants to bring financial hardship on their customer, for the most part they will work out an arrangement - it’s worth a shot.  I have been here myself, during the last major drought in my area a few years ago we were in huge financial trouble, I was put into the hands of a debt collecter.  I made contact with them, explained my situation and was put on a payment plan.  When our finances improved (a few years later) I was able to catch up and clear the debt.

Please PLEASE take care of yourself, and as for your abusers, don’t let those bastards win.  I’m struggling there as well, but I can’t let them bring me down again, we are both worth so much more than those bloody rock spiders will ever be. ❤️❤️

Thsnkyou @Razzle@Shaz51@Faith-and-Hope@CheerBear@Zoe7 

im home alone snd just got a text to say credit (which is up to limit) payment is overdue. So on top of disconnection notice snd credit card payment - we are totally stuffed. 

I csnt aee s wait out right now. Crying 

its all dark thoughts around me going through my head 

this is not life. 

Im sorry guys. I need to go 

Need to think 

I think my life is doomed by pain and suffering

I just want to scream so loud 

I know there are people worse off than me so I shouldn’t complain. 

Oh @BlueBay 😔 That is not what you needed today

The impact of financial stress is awful. It can be very hard to see a way out or through it.

The other day I was searching for some support for a friend who is having lots of financial trouble, and I came across a service that looked (and was) really supportive. You may have already seen or contacted them but just in case you havent, it is called National Debt Helpline and the details are here. They are open Monday to Friday 9:30 - 4:30. 

I hope there is something in your day that gives you better feelings. A walk, catch up with your granddaughter, a quiet cuppa maybe?

💙 again

hugs @BlueBay HeartHeart

I have a pre- paid mobile phone

Oh @BlueBay, I wish I could reach through the screen and give you a big hug.  Like I said before with those companies, banks work the same way.  Pay the minimum for now, explain you are in financial hardship and ask for a better interest rate on the credit account.  Companies/banks will do this, you just have to ask.

I know, when you feel this bad, actually ASKING can seem impossible, reach out to a friend to be with you, or have your husband do all the talking.  It sounds like he’s brushing you off at the moment, so tell him you’ll feel much better if you’re reassured that there is a manageable plan in place.  

Dont feel guilty for complaining either just because other people are worse off than you, there are also a lot of people doing better than you so you have every right to feel the way you do.  I mentioned to my councillor last week that I’m even a bit pissed that my husband had such a cushy childhood while mine was so crap, how could he

possibly understand me when it was all smooth sailing for him??  

Look after yourself today, reach out to the helplines if you need to, they may even have better suggestions than mine.

I’m going to keep popping in here today, just to let you know you are not alone, you don’t need to reply back, just know there are others out here that DO care ❤️❤️

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.