Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: money doesn't fix it

@Former-Member I dont think getting support has anything to do with whether you visit other people's threads. I just dont think enough people have realised the enormous potential of a forum like this. Many people dont know how to give support. If there were more maybe there would be enough online at any given time.  We are all so different there needs to be quite a lot of people around for the chances that one will have a similar experience and so understand.  I try but miss the boat often ... Woman EmbarassedWoman Sad

Thinking of you.

Heart

@Former-Member im glad you liked the picture, im often trying to find nice pictures to share esp when times are tough for members.
thats ok, you dont have to keep up with everyone, just you asking is more than enough for me. im going ok for the moment, just taking things as it comes and seeking supports for when i need to go in for a surgury.

thats alot to take in from your blood work but all those things cna be worked on. Did they give you some information on how to reduce cholesterol? and will they give you some suppliments to increase b12 and iron?
loosing weight is incredibly hard, ive been on my weight loss journey for a few months and ive struggled to loose weight at all despite healthy diet changes and increasing my exercise even more.

Former-Member
Not applicable

I just took a ‘selfie’ with the dog & hate myself. The dog is amazing. How could I let myself go this bad? 😞

looks alone can make ppl run away

yet if I saw me as a stranger I’d be less harsh

why do we do this to ourselves?

is there really a place for fat depressed ppl in this world?

- give the dog away

- give the money to the poor

- wait

@Former-Member
Hugs Heart

Hi @Former-Member - I have seen that things are extremely hard for you right now. I'm sending you a quick email though, so just letting you know.

I have done enough photography @Former-Member to know that the modern phones have a lot of pixels in their images ..... this makes them take very clear photos in terms of landscapes and still lifes, which is fantastic for artists and photographers ..... but when it comes to portraiture and selfies, they are extremely harsh - far more harsh than the human eye ...... 

You need to take selfies in a soft light to capture something that is more realistic, something that doesn’t take a magnifying glass to your face ...... and take a few shots from different angles to find which angles take the most 

flattering light reflection off your skin ......

Hugs Hon ..... I am learning how to take proper selfies too.

💜💐

Former-Member
Not applicable

F557A7F5-9918-4643-8B6B-24BB0991FDE1.gif

I’ll survive, ‘till I don’t

thanks for checkin in

still think it’s crazy we lock away thoisands of dollars when the needy can be helped

or am I the needy?

Life gets so confusing

Former-Member
Not applicable

Present moment realities:
- PJ day today
- warm and resting in bed atm
- dog by my side
- ate veggies & meat today
- took my pills
- journalled
- tx church elder Q about life & money
He reminded me
- Jesus didn’t help everyone he met
- God gave ME the money
- it’s ok to hold a while & wait for direction

I know it’s REALLY hard to be around me like this. Don’t know what to do. Really hurting atm but don’t wanna being anyone down.

❤️ @Former-Member .....

Former-Member
Not applicable

I spoke to an elder yesterday re Matt 10:21 which says to give to the poor.
ME “I have this 130k locked away doing nothing and not likely to ever buy me shelter where I need to live, so, when I could be helping the needy around me (christian single women with car issues etc), or my son who could do with a deposit for his own home... so, before God... wouldn’t it be better to give it away?”

ELDER: Tough question and it will Take time to work out. 3 thoughts to begin with
1. God has given this money to you so you might meet your reasonable needs over a long time. So do not feel guilty about having it and keeping it.
2. God does not intend us to meet every need we are aware of. Jesus did not.
3. God will show you how you can continue to serve him over the years. Better to move 90% into a term deposit e.g. 6 months. This will give you time to plan and assess your needs while it gains some interest. Of course God’s plan might become clear very quickly as things change with your dad. But you would have 10% of it to meet immediate needs”

ME: It just seems wrong when I have the means and hold back. It’s in a higher interest account and I have left myself 20 for the car and bits. Forgot Jesus didn’t fix everybody he met. But Also, hate to sound negative, but I don’t think I got long to live anyway. What if that thought is not depression?

ELDER: Well, none of us know how long we have. At the same time most of us can expect to get well over the 70’s. My guess it is depression but if it is not make a will and then give what is left to whoever you choose. Don’t give it away yet cause God most likely has longer term plans. It seems like a lot of money but it is not once you have to meet all your accommodation expenses again”

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.