Forums Home

Lived Experience Forum

Acceptance, connection, support. Share the journey.

Safe, anonymous discussion for people living with mental illness, moderated 24/7 by mental health professionals.

Read the community guidelines
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Highlighted
New Contributor

New medication

I’ve just started on new medication for OCD  I was diagnosed 10 years ago and was travelling well until 6 months ago, previously I had been on different medication The new medication is making me so anxious all the time I’ve been taking it for 5 weeks. My intrusive thoughts are not there as much but I’m so anxious from the time I wake up till I go to sleep about having the thoughts. I feel as the I am worrying all the time, I worry about how I will feel ahead of time and I worry that it will be like this forever. 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: New medication

@R8RS  Hi R8RS and welcome to the forums Smiley Happy time to go back to the doctor/psychiatrist and tell him/her what your symptoms are. 5 weeks is still early days but if in doubt I would just go and talk to your doctor. greenpea

Re: New medication

Thanks for response, yep haves booked in, I’ve been off work for 5 weeks after Quiting my last job as it very stressful with a lot of responsibilities, I’ve stated a new job today which has kept me busy but I’m away from home for a week. Hopefully keeping busy and active will help

For urgent assistance, call:

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.