Skip to main content

Re: Any diagnosed germophobes or hoarders on this forum?

Very sorry to hear you've been knocked off balance @NatureLover . Staying safe at home in bed isn't such a bad option. Fingers crossed your psychologist can fit you in.

I'm OK thanks. 

Are you up to reading?

Thanks, @Dimity . No, am not up to reading. But I am eating and drinking which is good. 

I hope you really are OK...

Hope the day is improving for you @NatureLover and you reached your psychologist 

Hi @Dimity , concerned for you. How are you feeling?

I texted my psychologist but haven't heard back. 

I don't feel OK, but I'm safe. Too scared to get up out of bed. 

I hope you're OK...

Hey @NatureLover hearing things have been tough these past few days. Good on you for reaching out to your psychologist, I hope you hear back soon.

Hello @NatureLover I'm sorry to hear you're so poorly. I realise you're very upset about vour new neighbour, and you've never really gotten over your recent illness, but has anything else happened? You hinted at something a couple of days ago.

I'm struggling too but I'm safe. I spoke to someone at Beyond Blue yesterday who was kind but didn't really help. 

Are you able to get groceries online? 

Sending BIGGG virtual hugs. I hope you feel better soon.

Thanks for your kind support, @Dimity ❤

I'm glad you're safe. I'm sorry the BB helper didn't really help. 😥 I hope your struggle eases 🤞

On Sunday night I saw that my new neighbour has a DOG. Running around loose in the shared garden. I'm very scared of dogs. The flies on the poo then coming inside, not being able to go outside any more, not being able to hang my washing out, it's all too much. 

Then yesterday I had a medical emergency lasting 10 hours. I was away from home (agoraphobia) in a hospital (germs). You can see why I'mnot coping. 

Groceries online have too many germs for me, but yes, I will do that if necessary. At the moment I'm just living moment to moment. Gathering a little strength for an hour then getting up to get some food to take to bed. 

Thanks for listening. 

And for your big hugs...sending some back.

Oh dear @NatureLover that all sounds very difficult and demoralising. Was the medical emergency resolved or will you need follow-up? I'm glad you're home again. 

The dog situation is very tricky. Renters no longer face an outright ban on pets. But perhaps you could raise your concerns about the common garden. At least on walks owners have to pick up immediately after their dogs. 

I meant to say, the medical energency was physical. And yes, it's been resolved. 

Three whammies in a row is too much for me. I never want to leave the house again. Or my bed this week. 

I don't think this property is suitable for a dog as it's not fenced and 5 units share the garden. I'm trying to renew my lease so I can't say anything 😭

Are your fanily still pressuring you? 

@Dimity 

And how are you coping today?

Yes @NatureLover I took medical as synonymous with physical health. I'm glad the hospital visit helped but long waits are never easy.

I'm enormously stressed by my complicated and difficult family situation but haven't had any more altercations.  Actually there's fear and regret around both talking and not talking. I'm a psychological mess. 

Are you occupying yourself with watching or listening to anything? 

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.