Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Am Not Coping

I think the tank analogy works really well here @TAB - we often run on empty unable to fill that tank but then there are times we can put a few dollars worth in - much like life - the tank can fluctuate between being full and empty - it is when it gets to that critical stage of 'running on fumes' that we need to do something to rectify the situation before it stops altogether.

Sounds  familiar re others being more co mpetitive and yes re company you keep, but in my case that has dist illed down to me. ok not my own best carer lol. and yes re overthi nking under doing as well @Sam3

sorry re broken words @Sam3 one of those must be banned on here haha

yes. @Zoe7 you dont know til you run out. exactly.well put @Zoe7 

Thanks @Zoe7. You’re right about affirmations & negative biases. Great to know that it’s possible over time to improve when focussing on what you can DO - well done on achieving that! ...but what about when we’re doing so few tasks & personal ‘strengths’ are not practical abilities ... perhaps @MDT ‘s comment about being careful about what we expect of ourselves fits in here - it’s hard to get the balance of expecting something but not too much! I am sure that self-criticism & unrealistic expectations have been pivotal in getting/staying unwell in my case. On a positive note, what ‘superhero power’ would you choose to have? 

I actually don't know - never really thought about that before @Sam3 Will have to think about that a bit Smiley Surprised

@Sam3 @TAB @MDT I need to head to bed - thanks for the chat tonight - it has been thought-provoking. Goodnight to you all - hope you sleep well Smiley Very Happy

ok nite @Zoe7

Yes goodnight @Zoe7& thanks again for your insights & experience. I think folks like me do need a different metric to get through life. Hey @TAB it’s not JUST you if you’ve got OUR company online, Ok?! 

Sleep well, superheroes! 

why do I feel like im in therapy @Sam3 lol yeah I'm Batman, which one are you @Sam3 Cat Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.