Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: todays question what gives you Hope?

I think so @Anastasia but I feel lost.

I think I am a bit in shock.

And just sad.

I am trying not to think too far ahead.

First thing is I need sleep tonight.

I hope you are ok. I really appreciate you checking in with me.

Yes please add my hugs and condoleces to that. 

I can understand totally that you are feeling lost, I would imagine it hasn't really set in as yet...

Here for you my friend, the days ahead will bring all sorts of emotions, I see you supporting others, please make sure you get the support you need to, big hugs @frog xoxo

I am ok, nothing in comparison to what you are dealing with, just keep plodding along and praying the future becomes a little brighter (for all of us) xoxo

My peer worker and I made a 'hope box' together (from this page: https://stellerhub.com/hope-cpy/ ) and I filled it with things that give me hope.

In the box when it was given to me, there were seven 'fortune cookies' with a paper crane inside (like Sadako's 1000 cranes) and a piece of paper with a hope giving strategy used by others with mental illness, like 'spend time doing stuff you love and are good at'.  The research it's based on had asked 74 people with mental illness to write about an experience that had helped them feel hopeful and these seven 'fortune cookies' came from that research. 

In my box I put a paper crane made by a fellow person in recovery because I picked it up the first time I met my peer worker.  I also put in there a paper crane made by myself because I had to learn and become more skilled with my hands in order to make the paper crane.  I put some words of wisdom from a friend who has gone through psychosis - 'be KIND to yourself', and an identity flower a la Pat Deegan with all the aspects of myself, not just my mental illness.  I also put in there some (discarded) sewing from one of the kids I help mind and I had taught her because that represents hope for the future to me. 

Hey @frog I'm so sorry for your loss. I have no words that will help, but am here with you in this moment. Heart

Oh, frog. I'm sorry for your loss. I'm glad that you can find hope even at this time.

So sorry for your loss @frog and sending virtual hugs your way 💜

Hi @frog  are you ok? Checking in on you my friend 🙏💞

Thanks @Anastasia @Gwynn @Jynx @Daisydreamer 

I'm ok.

I have Tdoc tomorrow, which is very well timed!

That is good timing. I have you in my thoughts my dear friend x

@frog 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.