Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: rough time

Wow well done at the op shop. No i never thought youd be a slacker. Doesnt seem to fit your personality. @Sans911

Sounds like that house might be worthwhile appliying for. An oven can be cleaned properly if/when you get it.

I cant talk about one as yet, i need to go through a few things first with people to see if itll go ahead, suitability etc. So it may not go ahead as yet

The other though i can. I had to log onto my tafe account earlier to contact one of the teachers but while i was there i had a look at a few course through both tafe as well as other sites like open edu etc to just have a browse. Ive decided i will study but not 100% sure on which yet there is a course called bachelor of health which seems to be a pretty good base point no matter the direction i take.

Well that sounds interesting @outlander, and a great idea. Is it online or at a college? What kind of units do they have?

Hmm after looking yet again im not sure if ill qualify for it. But it is mostly online but they do have some prac work as well.
@Sans911
I might have to ask them as they have requirments to get into into it.
If i dont do that theres other courses i can do but they will be a 6 month type of course so build up credits before doing a 3 yr one. Either way ill still be studying. Just not set of anything yet

I think studying is a good thing for you @outlander. It would be good for you to study something that would build your skills, and lead to eventual employment.

I think learning for you is a way for you to feel better about yourself. It builds your confidence and worth. And distracts too.

@Sans911
I quite like my studies but it wont be until next year when i can enrol again.

Thank you ❤

My words are prevailing me and yet there are things to say. Maybe they dont matter. They are just a burden like the rest of me.

Not great sis @Sans911

From your previous post it sounds like you want to talk. You matter very, very much as do your words. Don't hold them or push them down. And your words might be a burden but you're certainly not. I was talking about how special you were to me with my support worker today. How we talk or communicate most days. And how much I enjoy being a big sister to you. You have a very special place in my heart sweetie. You'll never be a burden to me, because when you feel that you can't carry on, I'll be there to pick you up and carry you through until you can manage.

I honestly dont know how to say it @Sans911 everytime i even think about it it brings on tears and shaking mostly due to fear but also the disbelief. My planed for next yr have now been changed at least the first 6 months anyway now.

And your post just set off the tears too but ok ones. I dont want to put pressure on you to talk to me.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.