Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Define_normal
Senior Contributor

Trigger Warning (discussion about paedophilia)

So I put the trigger warning in the title because I know that this will be a triggering topic because I'm creating this thread because I was triggered.

Content/trigger warning
So I came across an article posted in a Facebook group I'm in. 
This article was written by a mother claiming paedophilia is just a sexual orientation like lgbtq people. She also is part of a group trying to lower the age of consensual sex to 4years old. She apparently can't wait for the day the world allows "paedosexuals" to walk hand in hand with her children.
I find this very disturbing, how can there be people who truly believe this is okay. I know at that age I agreed to everything out of fear that's not consensual at such a young age it will never be consensual children that young are to afraid to use their voice.
I'm feeling extremely overwhelmed now having read that. Do people really have no idea how tormenting it is to be taken advantage of in that way so young. I mean I attempted suicide 4 time nearly succeeding once at just 9 year old because of the torment I was put through every day from the age of 3. It truly makes me sick people want to normalize paedophilia.
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Trigger Warning (discussion about paedophilia)

@Define_normal  It’s unbelievable, and extremely sad. It’s a very hard subject to even think about. I understand it from person experience, as you do. 

I hope you are ok, or have someone you can contact to help with this. Try to take care where you can. Sending 💕💕💕

@Define_normal 

It sounds unbelievable but I have started seeing other articles showing women who believe and act in that way too, putting pre-schoolers at risk. 

Human sexuality is such a complicated topic with so many aspects and conditions.  It would be triggering to deal with someone so provocative, but these days there seems a lot of people who get a kick out trolling behaviour.  

If that group was a meant to be about healing and a safe place, then the administrators should have blocked them.

Look after ytourself, find your best self care.

@Maggieand @Appleblossom I still can't understand how mother's of all people could think like this but then again my own mother let someone who had a history of being an abuser live in our house for 2 years with me and my 2 younger sister's also in the house.

I know he never touched my sister's but he would threaten to if I didn't cooperate I was 12-14 then.

It was a support group for survivors of childhood sexual abuse and it did honestly surprise me that it was posted. It has since been taken down but apparently there are articles and posts like this being shared all over social media. I've decided to take a step back from social media for awhile

@Define_normal  I spoke with my counsellor about it yesterday, and she said the post should have been removed, I’m glad it has been.

I can’t understand it from a mother’s point of view either, or anyone, for that matter, but my own mother was either too unwell, or just didn’t care. 

It certainly stirs up unwanted memories. I hope you are doing ok . 

Sending lots of 💙💙💙💙💙

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.