Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Silent Weeks

@greenpea yes I read. A lot. This year I finally got around to reading the Harry Potter books. I tried reading the first one when it first came out, but just couldn’t get in to it. But I am glad that I tried again, because it is now one of my favourite book series that I have ever read. Also read the first two books in the Throne Of Glass series by Sarah J Maas. The first book was ok, standard fantasy fare really, but the second book ... wow. Books don’t often move me emotionally, but the second book, Crown of Midnight, really did. Right now I am reading Neverwhere, by Neil Gaiman. It is .. well, a bit odd. Not quite what I was expecting I think. 

Read mostly fantasy, science fiction, and history books. 

I’m the type of person who can’t go past a bookshop without going in. And inevitably finding something to get. Books have always been a refuge for me. The library was a place to hide in school from the bullies. Characters in books have been as close to friends that I have ever had. Even had crushes on characters in books. Reading in my room at home about characters that were closer to me, and felt like they showed more interest and care in me, than my real family ever has. 

@JosRapp  Hey JosRapp wow thanks for the tips re books. I will look out for them as I also love reading. I find it relaxing and when I start I disappear into the words and characters 🙂

Have you ever thought of going to university? I can tell you are an intelligent guy by how you write. If you did what kinds of studies would you take up? It would be a great way to meet people 🙂 I think you said you live on the central coast there is a uni there which has beautiful suroundings I should know I went there :). I met many different people of all ages and it was a great way to get out and about and learn so much.

Just a thought. Maybe you already have a degree?If so you might want to do something completely different :). Take good care of yourself peaxx

@greenpea Yeah, have been to uni. Went to the uni at Orimbah. Only lasted one year though. Studied art, and Australian history. It wasn't a good experience. Guess I thought that people being older and stuff that it would be different, but it wasn't. A lot of bullying. And of course didn't make any friends there, so that effected my studies too. And yeah. Have been to TAFE and done courses there as well, but again, don't find anyone to talk with let alone be friends with. 

hello and hugs @JosRapp Heart

Evening @JosRapp, we have similar tastes in books. I am. So. Bad.with names. I have enjoyed most. Of. Simon Scattows books on Rome. Have you read Asimov and williiam Gibson? Another lesser known Sci fi guy I like is George Alec. Effinger,. some. Of. Richard Morgans. earlier work is great. There is a new. Series called altered. Carbon based on his book. Cyberpunkish.

Ahoy @Shaz51 😊🌺🌺❤️❤️🌼

Hope you are taking it a little easy for.a.little but.

Evening @greenpea, hope you are having a good evening and have had some good naps. ❤️💐🌼🌼🐸🐸🌸🐝💐

Ahoy @Shaz51 😊🌺🌺❤️❤️🌼

Hope you are taking it a little easy for.a.little but.--- ha ha booo hooo @Gazza75 

lots of wishing here my friend with lots of aches and pains

@Shaz51, you remind. Me. Of. One. Of those enetgiser bunnies. I think Mr Shaz to !

😊😊🌻🌻🐇🐇🐰🐰❤️❤️

@Gazza75 @JosRapp @Shaz51  Hey all :D! hope you all are having a kind and caring evening and spoiling yourselves in some way or another :). 

GazzaRapp had my usual cat naps 😛 and feel much better for them too. Hope you are well and got some sun shine in your day. It was such a beautiful sunny day today with a stunning blue sky :)xx

JosRapp you should look at the craft thread Gazza75 has done some awesome pictures. My favourite is the Van Gogh Starry Night but the others are cute too. Hope you had a lovely day. Weather is really warming up. I went for two walks to try and lose some buldge 🙂

Hey Shaz51 good to see you over here. Maybe you can add some links to some threads for JosRapp to have a look at. Love to all of you. peaxxx

Ha ha I think soo too @Gazza75 , and yes Mr shaz thinks soo too xx 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.