Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Narcissistic abuse surviver

@tyme @Sophia1 @@I am hearing it referred to as a form of PTSD, and I can believe that to be true.  The difference perhaps is the trauma and abuse these people inflict on others around them, and in my case, derive joy from doing so ….. 🤬. They don’t recognise that they need treatment, and certainly don’t line up for it.  In fact many counsellor refuse to deal with them because of the game playing, false charm, shape-shifting, etc.

I do believe education about the condition goes a long way towards helping their survivors recover.  They inflict trauma on others, and learning to recognise the patterns brings empowerment.  Healing is another matter.

Hugs n hugs @Sophia1 

Their condition blinds them unfortunately, and in doing so, the leave others shattered @Sophia1 . Hugs @Sophia1 . Sounds so unfair.

I do try @Faith-and-Hope 

with everything else going on I just don’t have the energy to look out for them.. once is bad enough.. 3 times???

I am getting to the stage where I am almos wondering about most people

vulnerability returns when struggling with other stuff

..This is draining me now

I best leave it for now so that I can hopefully sleep tonight

Thank you for your support..

please take care of yourself

you have you back now hopefully

I was accused of being the abuser and was blocked from speaking to the family doctor about it unless I spoke up in front of “him”.  I was told by another doctor in the practice that if it was that bad, I should just leave …. as if ….. all our technology, cars and living environments were under surveillance, and my kids and I under financial controls.  The “cement mixer” environment at home eventually caused me to speak up in front of him, but that caused an escalation, and further abuse may stealth ….. leading to a final discard which I am actually extremely grateful for.  I think it was the only way out.  Even that has taken several more years in legal battles and my kids are not free of the mire …. yet ….

I refuse to make my life about him and what he has done.  Take courage @Sophia1.  There will be a morning after, even though you can’t see it right now.

Nurture yourself.  Breathe.  Heal ….. 

Music is a good way of helping your mind rest on other things @Sophia1.  I hope you can rest well tonight.  Take care of you.

@tyme @Faith-and-Hope 

I’m even feeling vulnerable writing here

I am going to stop now

Thank you both so much

please tag me if something comes up with Sane

It is not safe to talk about on peer talk

Yes I listen to music often and cry often

healing tears

thank you@

@Faith-and-Hope 

I know that feeling of unsafe @Sophia1.  Don’t be afraid to edit if you need to.  Do what you need to support you.

@Glisten , here is another interesting thread for you 

@Serenity1 , @Faith-and-Hope , @tyme , @amber22 

Hi I am new here and a narcissistic abuse survivor.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.