Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: I'm feeling stuck right now, so I thought I should try something new

@Meowmy  thanks for the message. I'm hoping you are well, I'm not going to well. There's a fight between the family. My partner's kids are treated differently then my daughters, we are a blended family. I feel like her kids are given everything they want and can do anything, they selfish, rude and disrespectful. I'm the blame for everything and so does youngest one, she's two. The girls never get on trouble even when they do the wrong thing.

I'm ready to walk away from it.

All my two year old see's is me getting angry and upset and yelling. She copies me and then we both are in trouble for yelling but the girls that are the ones causing me to yell don't get in trouble or get told to try and change how they treat us.

We were meant to be camping tomorrow but now we aren't going.

@Bentpole-01 @outlander  I tried exercises to regulate my emotions a few weeks ago. I got them online. It did help with my roller coaster emotions that now I feel some peace.

Hope you will soon find some comfort and happiness.

Families are never easy.

Breath deep. We hear you.

Hi, so things have improved for me today. I got some time alone out doing some shopping. I realised my illness was in control of my reactions and thoughts. I was able to become aware of it somewhat but still don't have the ability to stop it at the moment.

My partner is very forgiving and understanding luckily. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.