Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Alicent
Casual Contributor

Feeling like Imploding from Burnout

Just finished work at 6pm and just wanted to tell someone other than family or friends about how I feel right now about work. 

I feel like:

• I’m disassociating right now. That I’m going to implode or contemplate worse just to make it stop.
  • My work is never quite good enough, there’s always something missing.
  • I’m behind in my work, always feeling like I’m trying to catch up.
  • I’m struggling to pay attention and focus.
  • Quitting or finding another job because I’m letting the team down.
  • I’ve upset another coworker again but never getting a direct response as to why from them.
  • My memory and concentration is failing. 
  • My meds aren’t working for me anymore.
  • I can’t do my job freely without someone pointing out what I didn’t do right nearly every goddamn job.
  • My work isn’t worth it anymore and I’m letting everyone down just being here.
  • Drained from guessing what’s wrong with me, it is just anxiety and depression or is it undiagnosed ADHD?
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Feeling like Imploding from Burnout

Sorry to hear you are having such a tough time at the moment.

Not sure what to tell you but it doesn't sound like you are appreciated at your work 

I was in a similar situation to you where the boss rode me and found fault even when it wasn't mine.

I ended up leaving that job and ground one that appreciated me and was willing to show me when I wasn't doing things how they liked. Maybe that is your best option and it will lower your stress and increase your self worth.

Because you obviously care about your work and there is emoyers out thete that will appreciate your efforts

I’m feeling in a similar situation. Not so much in terms of my work and bosses, but I do feel a bit low. I’ve been sick for a few days, so I’m not sure if the lethargy and the ‘down-in-the-dumps’ feeling is related to that.

Today, I was beginning to think, is my depression coming back? I haven’t felt like this for a long time now.

So @Alicent , your post sort of reminds me of how I’m currently feeling. I’m supposed to be asleep now, but can’t seem to. Since being sick, my whole system seems out of whack. So I hear you @Alicent - I know the feeling.

Go gentle on yourself.

Hey @Alicent I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing burnout. It's something myself and i'm sure others here have experienced due to being in the care industry. Self- care is so important. Do you have any supports and what do you currently do to take care of yourself?

It would be best to chat to your GP about possible ADHD as you're the only one who knows that your experience is like and you can work with professionals to understand that diagnosis better. 

I'll pop this thread here as there might be something useful to you. 

Also, on the 30th of August we have a Topic Tuesday on 'the different types of rest we need' and this might be useful to you. 

Please take care,

Paperdaisy 🌼

Re Feeling like Impoding from Burnout

@Alicent 

• Welcome. I am also new here. I had burnout from my job and became very ill. I wish I had left that job sooner. It sounds like you are very stressed at work. Stress can make you tired and unable to think and it can affect your concentration and short term memory. The best thing to do would be to see your GP asap to get a diagnosis instead of plodding on and guessing what is wrong with you. You may be in a toxic environment. I hope you can work it out pronto and feel good about yourself again. Take good care of yourself @Alicent

Hi Paperdaisy,

Thank you so much for the kind words. I have support from my partner and friends and am on the waiting list to see a psych.

I’ve also arranged a doctors appointment to discuss ADHD and other things 🙂
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.