Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

outlander
Community Guide

big or small 21st?

hi everyone

so mums just come home and she said what do you want to do on saturday? i said im not sure but will have a think about it.

she said do i want to have a big get together with all the family and i can invite friends (got none of those) but i really dont see my family that much and when i do they only want to see my pop.

ive arranged a hotel for a night on the sunday afterwards but mum wants to celebrate on my actualy 21st which is saturday coming

im torn as i know shes trying to help but i really dont want a major thing despite it supose to be a big deal

any ideas?

15 REPLIES 15

Re: big or small 21st?

I think you should do what makes you the happiest @outlander. It is your coming of age, not your Mother's and you need to do what is right in your book. 

The hotel the following Sunday sounds lovely, I do hope your 21st birthday is all you want it to be. Many happy returns my friend 🙂

Hello 🙂

Yes I'd support what @Queenie is sayng too @outlander. Concentrating on something you would like to do rather than feeling obligated to do something.

Do you have any ideas on what you would like to do? 

Sounds like it would be something small. Would you like that to be at home or out somewhere?  

If you could imagine a dream 21st appear for yourself what would it look like? 

Thank you @Pebbles @Queenie

She said she has something organised but isnt telling me what it is so i havent got a clue whats happening but im still going away on the Sunday for 2 nights

when is your birthday @outlander Smiley Very Happy

and i agree with @Pebbles, @Queenie

Hahah @Shaz51 birthday queen arent you!!
Its this saturday

@outlanderdo whatever you think is best

my 21st was 3 years ago and i had a moderately sized event

if being with your family is enough then by all means go for it

Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy @outlander

ohhh we have to have a forum party for my little sister , if you like xx

@Pebbles, @Queenie, @Faith-and-Hope, @Zoe7, @CheerBear 

Lol @Shaz51 how did i know that was coming!

@MDT i dont have any idea. My mothers gone and organised something so i dont know whats going to happen.

Yay!! Forum party!! @outlander @Shaz51 Count me in!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.