Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: The Weekly Friday Feast

Related image

Polish onion-filled bagels mmmmmmm

Yes, rest & relaxation is in order (needed) @soul

I just got my blood tests done this afternoon - to see if a cause can be found for my whacky heart-beat (palpitations).

Adge

Yes @Adge things are going that way for a lot of people with mental health issues (what NDIS calls psychosocial disability).  People are falling through the gaps.   NDIS had rolled out here 3 years before I came here and it was almost impossible to get any support without NDIS when I moved here from interstate.  I think Partners in Recovery are still going if they're in your area.  And they help with NDIS applications.  There are lots of things I could tell you about but don't want to bombard you, and it would probably be better to talk about it on the other thread I mentioned if you want to.  Any time.

I gotta get onto the Sane chat and speak to them re support when OS but I think i will be too busy looking at stuff lol @eth
Maybe a few dark nights of the soul will hit, but I know how to tackle such things after all.
Did you find that travelling alone was ever lonely?

More than likely @soul lol

@eth  chocolate definitely makes me happy, unfortunately my hips aren't as happy as the rest of me lol

I did feel pretty alone at times @MDT but when I look back on it I see that it was a bit like doing a retreat in some ways.  And I grew as a person by doing it.  Cost a lot tho'!

Indeed @eth
A retreat is the best way of looking at it I think
I will be seeing a friend in NY and also DC.
So I won't be alone for all of it.
A good balance methinks

After all this time some proper me time would be best @eth
🙂

It does sound like a good balance @MDT.  My 2nd month in Denmark I spent on an island where I didn't know a soul and only had 1 book to read - I read it 7 times!  I didn't speak the language either.  Do you speak any Polish?  

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.