Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: The Community Garden :)

What about citrus @ArraDreaming ? Prune them now?

I find that my lemon tree has these little/big 'lumps' along the branches. I was told they are bad and should be cut away? I'm not sure if I'm even explaining it properly...

you don’t want Gumosis on your trees it’s really sad so make sure you get pruning

Prune in spring most lemon trees will ripen any current green fruit in winter then spring @tyme

also they may be ‘galls’
@tyme but I’m not sure without seeing them

Yes @ArraDreaming . I just googled it, and it's call citrus gall wasp... what's that?

a massive wasp pest @tyme
Not just a pest to look at but they have flagged by the agriculture victoria department
some more info from them here as I haven’t had this happen to many of my trees and I’m about to make the kids tea so can’t explain it much so maybe take a look through this https://agriculture.vic.gov.au/biosecurity/pest-insects-and-mites/priority-pest-insects-and-mites/ci....

Scroll down to where it says management

Hi @ArraDreaming , I'll pass that onto my daughter, she tries, but we are not gardeners, our plants are not that fortunate.

@Shaz51 I miss @Silenus and everybody, I really do

Very interesting @ArraDreaming . I will speak to my gardener. I'm not sure if he will do it. 

So do the bugs affect the tree/lemons themselves? Like, if they can live happily together, I guess that's okay?

@BlueBells , I'm not sure if we've ever met? Hi anyway. Apologies if we have in the past...my bad

your tree won’t die but you won’t see the results you want less fruit and smaller probably and also given it’s a pest you would want to remove it your Gardener should be doing this for you though if you ask @tyme
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.