Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

LostAngel
Senior Contributor

Plans for new years eve/New Years day any fun events or family plans ect?

Hi everyone just wondering if anyone has an idea of what there doing for new years eve/new years day currently I have no clue on what Im doing except I dont know maybe a BBQ or something to celebrate Ill certainly be glad to see this year gone and a New year with hopefully a new start ,new goals and hopefully some good times to look forward to Heart

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Plans for new years eve/New Years day any fun events or family plans ect?

@LostAngel  I think many will echo your thoughts for a better year ahead. Hopefully better times in 2021.

I might watch the fireworks on tv, not sure yet.

If you have a BBQ, I hope it’s a fun time with family and friends.🎊🎊

Take care.

Im travelling by bus to my long-distance bf. More than likely partake in a lot of alcohol consumption and devour plenty of incredibly poor food; these things cause immediate relief from my daily angst but are terrible in the long run.

Been anxious all morning and most of yesterday to get on the bus. It angers and upsets me that I am incapable of doing such menial things without experiencing feelings of dread.

Looking forward to seeing my boyfriend as his presence brings a sense of calm at times but also a little deflated that all we do when we are together is limited to being inside because of my irrational fears. I feel he could experience a better life if he would just lose interest in me while at the same time I think I would feel incredible sadness if he would make that move.

Not sure why everything has to be so complex inside my head. Why can't I just live in the moment? (Rhetorical).

I hope you all have a fun New Years and that 2021 brings a shift in life that brings joy, enlightenment and inner peace. 

@Lostandlifeless  I hope your time with your bf goes well, regardless of the poor quality food. We can’t stick with that kind of diet for long, but it’s ok now and then.

I hope once you are on the bus, your anxiety eases, and you enjoy the trip/view.

You are not alone with the complex head stuff.

All the best for the new year.

Take care. 💜💜💜

Hi @Maggie @LostAngel @Lostandlifeless 

I don't usually much if anything for New Year's eve, though this year will have an early dinner and board games with kids. My daughter got me a sage smudge stick. I've never done such a thing before, but she likes it to clear out bad energy, and make a symbolic new start. So we're doing that on New Year's day.

I.have no plans sadly @LostAngel 

Another year at home. Too.tited to put anything into place. I listen to Auld Lang Syne every year. I'm.veey glad to see the back of this year and absolutely refuse to have even a quarter of bullshit that this year was. 

Stay at home orders, so even less than usual. 

hi everyone its turning out to be a quiet new years eve an early dinner of mcdonalds followed by as many movies and music to stay awake,wish I was getting drunk but not happening this year as Im not getting together with family who are drinking so hopefully some drunk calls and messages to look forward to later on,Im mostly resting,havnt done much else today except sleep alot as now anytime I want to sleep I just sleep cause my new bed is much more comftable a queen size instead of a single,may have over ate a bit so yeah need lots of rest Ill also call some family members tonight to wish them well ect maybe the ones who possibly havnt been drinking,again if Id been able to tonight I would have got really drunk tonight as Im sure many people will feel like doing in the light of the year weve all had 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.