Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Good Morning!

Thanks awake now @Former-Member

Good morning everyone! @TAB @Former-Member @MDT @maddison @greenpea 

How’s everyone faring today? I’ve been out this morning, and now I’m home. Will be doing some gardening later.

Hi @BPDSurvivor  still in bed here. I got up had breakfast  then realised nothing pressing plus felt tired still so went back to bed. Supermarket soon and weekend papers. If really organised will do scratchies then get more lol 

Hello @TAB how are you?  Sorry to hear about your bad sister and the situation caving as you put it.  I don't know what to say.  The cost of living will be getting more expensive its a shame she could not consider your needs in this regard. I would encourage you to hold tight financially as much as possible.  My ISP has just jacked up their prices in addition to my utilities company within the same fortnight.  I got a lovely SMS from them both lol

yes, not a productive line of thinking, but had I got same money even 5 years ago would have been a completely different picture re prices. not much I can do about it. @SmilingGecko 

Yes I know @TAB I'm wondering if any of us are going to be able to afford heating in winter.  Its getting pretty bad in Europe.  They are telling their customers there will be quite austere energy restrictions. I presume it will be the same here  

I just bought a sleeping bag for 40% off from Tent World for that reason.  Payable by paypal every fortnight to take the sting out of my budget. The sleeping bag I bought enables you to survive cold temperatures below zero.

I spoke to someone from Tent World who recommended extra large sleeping bags for big people with plenty of space to move around. I thought I'd take advantage of the offer, as its spring and they were trying to move old stock.  I won't be keeping my electric blanket on during winter as I'm expecting electricity costs to go up.

I got a sleeping bag years ago as cheap quilt option, last temp quilt got just shocking 1/4 thickness of one from 5 years ago same price @SmilingGecko  

i'm going to try and buy some woollen blankets second hand. have synthetic ones , need 3 to to what 1 woolen one does

Good morning and good afternoon @BPDSurvivor @TAB @SmilingGecko @Former-Member @MDT @Shaz51 @maddison @Snowie @Appleblossom @Faith-and-Hope @FloatingFeather @Sirius @TuxedoCat @Rhye @hanami @tyme @RiverSeal @cloudcore @Daisydreamer @Peregrinefalcon @Jynx @Jacques @eth @Meowmy @Oaktree @Captain24 and all forumites here today. I hope you have a great day!

As for me, I’ve just been out getting some food for dinner - beef burgogi from Woolworths - and am just watching the AFL stuff on TV. I’m planning on knitting during the game for a blanket for my housemate for her birthday. Personally I hope the Sydney Swans win the match but Geelong will be a hard team to beat I believe. I’m also happy that Parramatta Eels have gotten through to the NRL grand final next Sunday as it’s been a long time between drinks for the team. I’d also like the South Sydney Rabbitohs to get through tonight against Penrith Panthers but again, that’s a tough match for them. Again, it’s a case of wait and see. 

Have a great day forumites!

Judi9877☺️💐

Yes you can find good woollen blankets used from op shops but they are pricey last time I checked I will warn you @TAB.  I saw them on the salvos online shop and they were like $50 a blanket as they are 1970s vintage. I was going to use woollen blankets to put over my windows inside the house for summer to keep the heat out but was put off by price. 

Do you know what temperature specification your old sleeping bag was? My new sleeping bag will keep me warm to below zero temperatures. It cost me around $100 discounted.

When you buy a sleeping bag you have to know what temperatures it will protect against. Many sleeping bags arent resistant against cold temperatures which is why you have to read the temperature ratings otherwise they won't work. Reading the online testimony is good too and there can be manufacturing flaws with zips, seams etc...

I agree re afl @Judi9877  have a good day 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.