Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Gardening

Thanks @Rhye i actually used to have my own business but it got too hard for me to manage, I actually prefer going to work for someone else now because I don’t have to do all the paperwork 

I agree with you @ArraDreaming - the paper work! Also, I find that having a business means your head is in your business 24/7. That leaves little time for family especially with young ones. Weighing it up, I'd chose the way you've chosen too.

By the way, am I right in saying your son is now happier to go to kinder? I remember there was a time when it was very stressful for him to attend. (Only if you want to share it here - no pressure).

@tyme @We have lots of indoor plants here too - I keep the responsibility of the indoor plants up to my partner haha she’s got that under control. 

Our kids love the garden, our oldest always helps and was in there with me today. He’s very proud of the spring onions. I’m still teaching him what’s what so he can help with cooking. I take him to my work on days off to buy plants and he knows everyone there, he pretty much runs the place, they both have hats the same as mine, and the 4yo that wears it 24/7. Im pretty sure he went to bed holding it tonight. 

We have a really big yard but a small house with only one living space, so it’s easy to just go outside to play whenever they get a bit out of control inside, which is most days, even if it’s raining or cold they’ll be out there, nothing a coat and gumboots won’t fix. 

Very happy @tyme  and doing very well gearing up for school next year, we spoke to a few people about what he was going through and got some good support to help him and he’s thriving albeit still a cheeky and defiant little demon child 

That is so healthy @ArraDreaming ! I've been looking at properties around me with a small house and a large yard. I may as well forget it because when I see a small house, I expect a large garden, only to find 4 more houses on the land at the back!!!! 

That's not how I was brought up. We spent most of the time playing in the garden. And yes, no such thing as bad weather - only bad clothing!

tyme

It was really hard with COVID, lots of shutdowns, family life, my mental health, I got really badly injured last year so I was out and I think that was the final straw, when I physically couldn’t work I just decided it was getting too hard but I gave it a shot! 

Plodding on, @tyme. Gosh! @tyme and @SmilingGecko both checking in to say Hello to me on one day!! Lucky me!

I hope you're doing fine too, and not too affected by the wintry weather. I'm keeping busy with my studies and am thoroughly bogged down at the moment. 

Nice to 'see' you, @tyme. Take care!

With him being happy, it takes so much stress off @ArraDreaming . Phew! I know what it's like to see a screaming child ripped off and sent to school.. and that's school age, not kinder. It's heartbreaking.

I hope this will continue through to his first year of 'big school' next year. Fingers crossed @ArraDreaming !

Yes @Historylover - you are very important to us 🙂

And yes @tyme we’ve had to sacrifice lots of things to get this house, it’s not the newest house or the biggest, we had to move away from the coast, it’s old and it can be freezing (like this morning!) but we flick the heater on, and we make use our space,  we love our little old house the best part is definitely the yard, we can deal with an old house, you can make it a home, but you can’t just build a backyard when there is no space there. We like it so hopefully our landlord likes us too. 

and yeah the kinder stuff has been a difficult journey, from day 1 it was a struggle but now he asks when it’s on again, “is Saturday a kinder day?”

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.