Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Exo's Exposé

I live in southern Tassie @Exoplanet so it does get really cold in winter. Luckily I live in a brick house so it keeps pretty well insulated. I love where I live but do not like the cold - much prefer our warmer months so winter I become a hermit other than work. We get snow on the mountain in winter - which I quite like as I have a good view of it - as long as it stays up there and does not fall in the city!

Toby is good now - we had a scare with him in the holidays and he spent 5 days at the vet's but with their wonderful care and him obvisously wanting to come home he pulled through. I also have a new kitten - had her for 5 weeks now and she is a little bundle of joy. Her name is Clover but I usually call her squishy face. She loves Toby and follows him everywhere 😁 Cat is doing well - she is quite plump now so I have pulled back on her night biscuits. I take her back for her usual blood tests on Friday so we will see if the cancer medication is still working and she is still hopefully doing well.

I hope your holiday in early June is a wonderful time for you. Absolute water frontage sounds magical and I am sure the dogs will love it.

Hugs and hugs Hon - love hearing about your life and adventures Heart

Southern Tassie's where I'd love to go @Zoe7 ! There's even a big ferry {well it's more like a resort ship} where I could take the dogs & my car . . . but it's a long, long way away & there's just no way I could bring myself to take such a trip. I really tried to convince myself, but I've excepted reality. Besides, I don't have the money anymore. 

Sorry to hear about Toby, but glad he's ok now, also glad to hear Cat is well - I remember my Mother saying not to worry about being plump, it means your healthy . . . must mean I'm healthy too 😉 Clover the squishy face 😄 - how wonderful to have a new baby in the family ❤️ 

Really looking forward to my holiday, it's just over 5 weeks away now {5 weeks & 1 day! . . . & counting 😄

Lots of love to you ❤️

Also a big 'Hi' to @Mazarita , think of you often, hope your doing ok ❤️

And Hello & Hugs to @Appleblossom  @Sophia1  @Shaz51 , love to you all & all those who need or want it ❤️

@Exoplanet It is a beautiful part of the world where I live and it is a shame you have never got here but it is a long trip by car. I returned from Sydney by boat - it took me 3 days and I had my cat with me so had to smuggle her into a motel room on the way. You certainly could not do that with all your dogs.

It is great that you find places you can go to take your dogs and enjoy the breaks away. I do love hearing about your adventures and how much joy they bring you Smiley Very Happy

Cat had her blood tests and check up on Friday and the vet commented on what a different cat she is now compared to 2 years ago when she first became sick. She has put on a lot of weight (and is a little overweight) but compared to how she was it is a good thing. I don't need to take her back now for 6 months - we keep up with the medication, I feed her a little less biscuits at night and no more late night treats lol

Toby is back to his normal, happy self. We had a day out yesterday shopping for school. That included a fair bit of time at Bunnings so he was super happy riding around in the trolley getting loads of attention.

Squishy face is a bundle of joy. I am sure she thinks she is a dog lol She likes to lick my feet or face and tries to bite my fingers. It is cute watching her follow Toby around and lay next to him on the couch or bed. Tobes doesn't seemed fussed at all by her but he does get annoyed sometimes when she gets attention before him. There have been several times though I have had Toby on my lap and Clover in my arms. Cat is another story entirely - does not like having another cat in the house but she co-exists having her own spaces that Clover does not encroach into. I am really lucky to have such beautiful fur babies and even luckier that the addition of Clover has not upset Cat and Toby much at all.

@Exoplanet @Zoe7 

Smiley Happy

I have had 2 trips to Tassie in last 20 years and they were wonderful, with my son in his tween years.

Smiley Happy

Exo I guess I was lucky cos of where I live it was not too big a leap over the Straits.  

Smiley Happy

I have slowed down on my trips and I love reading baout yours.  Gives me vicarious pleasure I guess.

Heart

It is a wonderful place to live and to visit @Appleblossom Everything is accessible for short trips as well so it makes it nice for locals to travel about for weekends or short stays. I used to travel in reverse - to Melbourne a coupe of times a year but have not done that for a long time - many reasons: can't afford it with a mortgage, vet bills over the last few years and of course don't want to leave my fur babies. I used to go to the tennis every January too but now it is on later in the month it is too close to the start of the school year - and there are not the players I am interested in watching/following much anymore. Now with little Clover and Cat needing daily medication I doubt I will go anywhere soon even if I could afford it.

@Zoe7 

It was precisely the short distance between great places that clinched the deal.  My neck was not great at the time, but I wanted to show some good places to my son, tried to counteract the marriage breakdown.

Heart

I have had 2 trips to Tassie in last 30 years and they were wonderful, @Appleblossom@Exoplanet@Zoe7 

last trip was 14 years ago with mr shaz 

and mr shaz wants to go back for longer next time

I hope you both get back to Tassie and can have a longer trip as Mr Shaz would like @Shaz51 We need a forum retreat to Tassie so everyone can come Smiley Tongue

That is a great idea @Zoe7 

Tassie forum retreat 😀👋🥰

Hi @Exoplanet @eth 

Thanks for your hi's here and at The Long Rave. Heart Heart

My healing journey has begun with all the support swinging into place now, really great things. It's been a sudden take off and I've been doing things almost every day, at least three to four days has been outside home for past two to three weeks. And I'm more often getting public transport and enjoying the outside world more as a solo individual. Smiley Happy

My support worker and I even went to a poetry night, where for the first time ever I got up and shared one of my personal poems, and told the audience about it being written in a mental health context and that it's something I've struggled with for a long time.

I think it went well and I wasn't mad out of my head with nerves before or after. Been going to that poetry night on and off for about three years now. The audience are mostly other poets and people that could be described hippyish or alternative, like me! Everyone very supportive of each other, encouraging, friendly vibe.

Mood slumps in between times every day, and there are still some feral days, which I think I need! Sounds weird, but these days may be grounding me a bit while things are getting me all excited on other days. Happy to say though that I have been showering a lot more regularly since we moved into this new place about six months ago.

Eth, totally get your reasons for being away from the forum a lot more these days. This new journey towards better health and wellbeing of mind and body is suddenly taking a lot more of my time as well. A good thing for us both. Heart

Excited for you both with the good things coming for you. HeartHeart

Hi @Zoe7 @Appleblossom @Shaz51 and all. HeartHeartHeart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.