Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

bluefix
New Contributor

Eating vegemite on toast.. .and introducing my self

Hiya...and Hey There,
I'm eating vegemite on Sourdough Toast, about to sit on my balcony in the Sunshine and write, drink tea and read.
Wishing you all a Peaceful, Calm, Bright day.
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Eating vegemite on toast.. .and introducing my self

Welcome @bluefix that sounds wonderful - enjoy looking around 🙂

Welcome to Sane Forums @bluefix 🙂

Vegimite on sourdough . . . YUM!

Thank you for reminding me I should have something for breakfast; I have a pear for this morning, they're super juicy and sweet 🙂

Hoping you have a nice day 🙂

Hi Everyone,
Today was a perfect example of a day that should have been good but I feel like crap.
I joined some family members to do some Christmas cooking.
The food part went well, I was in a teaching role, but my interactions left me feeling very upset with myself. I feel like I need to go everywhere twice, the second time to apologise....

Hi again @Catcakes. I am wandering around the forum and just noticed this post. Sounds like a bit of a mixed day for you. I feel disappointed when events don't turn out the way I hoped they would.

What were you and your family cooking, if you feel like sharing? I say it every year, but Christmas seems to have come around so quickly again.

We made three Christmas puddings,( boiled in cloth for four hours). It’s a lovely family tradition that I try to keep going by teaching younger family members. I’m sure the day was enjoyed by others, just that I came away feeling unhappy with myself.

Sorry to hear you're feeling unhappy with yourself tonight @Catcakes. Do you spend much time with your family (if you can/want to share that too)?

That does sound like a lovely family tradition.

I see some family members reasonably often, others not . It is always a source of anxiety for me because I dislike myself around others.

I struggle with anxiety also @Catcakes. It can make things so much harder than they need to be.

Disliking yourself around others would be tough. Are your family understanding of how things are for you?

Only some are but I guess I don’t give them enough credit.
It’s hard to really spell it out here but the person who I spend the most time with causes me the most anxiety.😔
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.