Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Cook Along

Can't wait to see @Former-Member !
Wow, that is super cool to receive the seal of approval from your friends also - I can imagine part of their culture they would have grown up perhaps eating a lot of this, so they would be very familiar with what sanctions as the perfect flavour and textures!

Ahh, yes I know what you mean by the type of packing can make a difference - especially when adding nuts of those sort to a dish! So this will be a plain rose turkish delight then?

Enjoy!
Former-Member
Not applicable

Yeah @PizzaMondo I was a bit nervous to hear their thoughts but delighted they enjoyed it, like it was a taste of home 😊🌺

Yes - pistachios are best kept in drums or paper bags imho, when using them for cooking 🙂

Yes this will be a plain rose Turkish delight, using pure food grade rose oil (I couldn’t get rose water in the sufficient concentration without artificial sweeteners added), and natural cochineal for colour 🙂

Former-Member
Not applicable

Day 2 Turkish delight…

@SmilingGecko @PizzaMondo @RiverSeal @Bow @Jynx @Blackbird11 @NatureLover @Spirit_Healer @Snowie @Sophia1 @Anastasia  @Appleblossom @Zoe7 @Eve7 @EternalFlower @Owlunar2 @tyme @TAB @tonys 

And everyone who visits this thread 🌺🙂

IMG_5410.jpeg

IMG_5411.jpeg
IMG_5412.jpeg

 Ready to snack on ☺️

wish I could teleport some to you 🤗💜🌺

@Former-Member 

Your turkish delight looks like the real deal. Probably better than the shop bought stuff. My sons would love some. 

Wow @Former-Member , they look soo good 👍 😍 

I don't think your tagging worked xx

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks heaps @Oaktree 🤗🌺

it certainly does taste really good when it’s freshly made..flavour and aroma is lovely 😊 

mid I could I would teleport some to you guys to give it a try 💜🤗

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks heaps @Shaz51 💜🌺🙂

I would love to send some to you to try 💜😊

ok - thanks for letting me know. I redid all the tags so hopefully it worked this time..? I had copied them so maybe my system doesn’t allow the metadata to be copied with the tag fonts 🙂

Wow!!!! I didn't even know you could make it at home! The turkish delight looks amazing! @Former-Member 

Yes @Former-Member 

Tagging does not work if you copy and paste -- sorry 

Hello @tyme 😊

I'm going to look at a recipe. I doubt I'll make it, but I'm curious to know the ingredients @Shaz51 @Former-Member 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.