Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Lauz
Senior Contributor

Community Christmas presents!

Hi All,

The time has come once more. For the last few years there has been a thread dedicated to gifting one another virtual presents - and since it was such a lovely thread, we figured we should definitely do it again! As we have so many new members we thought we would start fresh so everyone could get involved. 

As we approach Christmas - we realise that while we can't physically give each other presents, we can still share 'virtual' presents.

My present to each member of these forums this year is *applause*. Everyone in this forum community, is online, reaching out, reading, supporting. That step alone is enough for a huge round of applause. It may not always be easy to feel great each day but getting online despite any of that....well here....take a round of applause for yourselves! 

applause emoji.jpeg

images.jpeg

What 'gift' do you want to share with others?

ps: to insert a picture to your post, press on the little icon of the mountains at the top of the 'reply' text box and 'add image' - see below

Inserting pic.png

Don't worry if your picture doesn't show up straight away. A moderator has to approve it first Smiley Happy

Merry Christmas and happy gifting!

Lauz

62 REPLIES 62
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Community Christmas presents!

Hi there @Lauz, this is a lovely idea.  And I'd like to contribute too.  Here is my gift to the Community.

Just tagging a few members who are special to me, and who have supported me so well  @Maggie @Former-Member @Faith-and-Hope @Shaz51 @Zoe7 @Former-Member @CheerBear.  But please remember this gift is for ALL members.

Sherry Heart

• Image result for peace of mind

Thank you @Former-Member ...... ❤️

I will be back later .....

What a lovely idea ☺

The gift I'd like to share with this community, which gives so much of all of these is kindness and goodness (and some magic) 😊

images (64).jpeg

It's been so great to be part of this awesome community throughout the year. Thank you all!

(Ps thank you @Former-Member and thank you for all the giving you give ❤)

@Lauz@CheerBear@Former-Member@Faith-and-HopeI'm off to find my present. Back when I figure it out.❣🤔

Only online hugs from me.image.jpeg

Here is something for everyone for the whole year!

Related image

kettle.jpg

My Christmas present to forumites is a kettle. A kettle which is always 'just boiled' so we can sit with a cuppa and know we are being listened to openly and without judgement. Also included with the kettle is a lifetime supply of tea, coffee, hot chocolate and Milo. After all, sometimes just sitting and talking is the best 'medicine'. 

Thank you @Former-Member for tagging me to this wonderful thread and for your gift of peace of mind. The most precious gift. Thank you @Lauz for recreating this beautiful thread ❤️ I would like to give you both and,@Appleblossom@oceangirl@Queenie@Lauz@greenpea@Maggie@CheerBear@Former-Member@Former-Member@Sans911@Former-Member@utopia@Faith-and-HopeHope@Phoenix_Rising@Former-Member@Determined@Littletink_@TAB@Zoe7@Bubbles3@outlander@Former-Member@Pepsimax and all the community and moderators "the gift of friendship" - "the gift of love" 💝. May you find its warm embrace at Christmas and throughout your travels in the New Year. May it light up the way in the true spirit of Christmas. Have a joyous one 🎄❤️

IMG_1546.JPGIMG_1542.JPG

@LauzI love this thread. Will have to have a think and come back and give out some pressies!!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.