Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: CHRISTIAN CHAT & WORSHIP PRAISE PRAYER SUPPORT FUN PEACE LOVE JOY (NO DEBATING) RELAX :)

https://youtu.be/iqrya00iY34
🎼 It is Well With My Soul
@Eve7 😢💙🙏

Re: CHRISTIAN CHAT & WORSHIP PRAISE PRAYER SUPPORT FUN PEACE LOVE JOY (NO DEBATING) RELAX :)

I really struggle thinking i've 'Blown it' with God, Beyond help, out of favour & protection, cast away...to the point of SI urges.
And blackdog has a field day...
This helped me:
https://bible.org/seriespage/q-have-i-lost-my-salvation
Psalm 91:1-8  He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High Will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say to the LORD, “My refuge and my fortress,
My God, in whom I trust!” For it is He who delivers you from the snare of the trapper
And from the deadly pestilence. He will cover you with His pinions,  And under His  wings you may seek refuge; His faithfulness is a shield and bulwark. You will not be afraid of the terror by night,  Or of the arrow that flies by day; Of the pestilence that stalks in darkness, Or of the destruction that lays waste at noon...

@Former-Member wrote:

https://youtu.be/iqrya00iY34
🎼 It is Well With My Soul
@Eve7😢💙🙏

There is very interesting history about this hymn. As perhaps you well may know already, the author was in ship with his family and his 2 small daughters got sick and died and were buried at sea. The next time the author was making a ship journey when he got to that same place at sea he wrote the hymn :It is well with my soul. Best greetings to you all, Melly

@Faith-and-Hope  @BPDSurvivor @Eve7 @Shaz51

20210312 (2).jpeg

@roses - was thinking of your lovely response when I found this picture. The Holy Bible (new testament)  paints paints a wonderful picture of Jesus for us... his nature, esp love & compassion. And Jesus tells us "if you've seen me, you've seen the Father"  It's wonderful we have Jesus  to show us this. To have a visual. How could they crucify such a wonderful person? I guess that's the point. It showed up the sin nature of mankind,band our Great need for a deliverer, a saviour... the very one humans took to the cross... Such great sacrifice to it is right. 

Roses, do you have a regular quiet time? I find these disciplines so difficult. And I'm thinking

ROUTINE BECOMES MORE IMPORTANT WITH AGE. 

(forgetfulness and  all). 

I pray to 'the Father' a lot, as Jesus said in "the Lord's Prayer" but all three are the one. Jesus shows us God's love. And the Holy Spirit bring the right scripture to mind at he right times, reminds us and reveals truth  (it's a soul / heart communication, not in the head, thank goodness 'case my mind plays tricks on me). 

Do you have any advise for prayer time. I sometimes feel like a stubborn little girl when it comes opening my mouth to pray out loud to the Lord these days.... 💙. He knows what's in my head but I'm prompted to speak it... this is hard 4me, sulking / pouting maybe. xox

@Former-Member  we usually listen to the word for today

https://vision.org.au/the-word-for-today/recent-happenings/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83kndEsHqMc 

Feeling the need to celebrate Holy Thursday and the washing of the feet.Some notes about the Holy Thursday washing of the feet - Diocese of San Jose

Thank you @Former-Member 🙏

@Appleblossom - I should know this ritual, thanks for the heads-up. You're so much more familiar with these rituals than I. Keep posting!
I want to learn the rosary prayersvsonevtime 💙

Ach @Former-Member 

The set prayers are guidelines, helping us along the path.  We said rosaries as little children. Possibly not really approriate for little ones and I helped mum show the others, so was I good or complicit?  Then I had to unpack life and see how it may have effected my younger sibs. Too much dogmatic religion instead of love, sadly. Who to listen to in this busy babbling world?  Always a question.  

Apple

Listen to Jesus @Appleblosson - I love the gospel if John. I don't believe the Bible says to pray to saints, or even Mary (not that these people didn't have wonderful lives to look up to as mentors. I really like Francis of Assisi. But Jesus said to pray to "Our Father in Heaven"

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.