Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Kazbar
Casual Contributor

Bipolar 1. Rapid cycling help

I have been living the bipolar dream for 23 years. I am having an episode. Gone from severely depressed (which is very rare for me) back to mania. I’m totally over myself. I can’t understand why I’m in this state after 5 years of admissions to psych wards. You would expect to know how to manage this rapid cycling but I’m in a desperate state. Can’t stop, can’t sleep, feeling I’ve lost it. 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Bipolar 1. Rapid cycling help

Hi @Kazbar sorry to hear that you've hit a point of mania! I understand that it can be incredibly distressing. Do you have much in the way of support? What do you usually find helpful during times like this? 

I imagine finding ways to stay grounded and connected would help, I'm glad you are here connecting with the forums. You can also always contact our support line if you want to unpack it all with one of our counsellors - 1800 187 263 (Mon-Fri, 10am-8pm). Or if things are getting really dire please don't hesitate to contact the following: 

Lifeline: 13 11 14 or Crisis Chat 

Suicide call back service: 1300 659 467 or online counselling 

Samaritans: 135 247 

If in immediate danger: 000 

We got your back, will walk with you through the hard stuff as best we can 💜

@Kazbar  Bipolar can be like being on a rollercoaster. I am sorry you are struggling maybe it is time to see your doctor again?

Hi. I’m just not coping. My psych told me to stop all my medication 3 days ago due to severe TD. I can’t sleep and I simply can’t manage this persistent bipolar episode. I’m struggling. I feel alone and I’m completely over myself. I don’t know how my husband and kids can deal with this. I’ve had enough. I’m worried I’m scared. I have not been this unwell for 5 years. It’s the mouth thing that is out of control. I can’t stop chewing, I can’t eat, it’s very distressing 

Hey @Kazbar that sounds incredibly overwhelming, I'm not surprised that it is impacting you this deeply. It would be really challenging to have a symptom so ever-present and that makes everything else harder. How long till you see your psych again? Did they give you any tips to help you cope with it all? 

I appreciate your messages. My gp today has put me on beta blockers. I’m very much hoping this works. It’s destroying me

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.