Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

LeedsUnitedFan
Casual Contributor

Anyone like the TV show House?

Hi all

I’m just trying to connect on this forum. House is a show I have always loved and can relate to in many ways. An ex girlfriend of mine suggested she reminded me of the lead character and I can see the positives and negatives of this.

I never struggled with physical health issues but mental health issues turned me to overuse prescription medication to get through the pain. I was a very intelligent person and struggled to build personal relationships. But I am a friendly and easy going person. I just enjoy quick wit and feel bad when people take my humour the wrong way.

Can anyone relate?

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Anyone like the TV show House?

That show remains one of my favourites @LeedsUnitedFan, even though I cannot relate to the character itself. I do 'get' the character's dry humour and appreciate the character's exceptional intellect. I have pretty dry humour myself and would like to think I am quick witted, sometimes to my own downfall. 

I also agree my quick wit is a downfall. I’m too eager to make a funny response rather than show my compassion and empathy towards other people. And that is not me. I am a good listener and want to build relationships on a deeper level

@LeedsUnitedFan I know the show but never watched ... but I did see Hugh Laurie in Black Adder which I loved!!! Does that count? ... also I am quite slow witted (I blame my medication...) but have a good sense of humour Smiley Wink

@greenpea yes Blackadder counts. I only started watching House because of Hugh Laurie and Blackadder is such a fantastic show. My favourite series was Blackadder Goes Forth. Do you have a favourite?

I believe myself to be quick witted at heart and mind but slow witted in reality due to medication. I can still laugh at and understand quick witted humour which I am so grateful for

@LeedsUnitedFan Hahaha! I really like series 1 with Brian Blessed!! Just love Brian Blessed and that roar that he has Hehehehe! But I like them all I never get tired of them. Black Adder goes forth is the last one isn't it? WW1?

I don't know whey I missed House ... because the reviews were great I don't know ... 

@greenpea yes Blackadder goes forth is set around ww1. It’s the only series I tend to watch in repeat. The Captain Darling jokes really appeal to my immaturity.

On a side note, I have to keep navigating the site menus and logging in to reply to messages. It’s not a problem on other websites. Anyone else have the same problem?

@LeedsUnitedFan Hmmm ... no I haven't. Maybe one of the old timers (I'm old but only been on here a few months) will know what is happening to you.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.