Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: All Things Sport...

A huge day of sport for me @Former-Member @MDT @Scarecrowe @cherryblossom13 and all sports lovers...

Ash playing this afternoon and then my Hurricanes playing tonight - both knock out games so I will be either super happy tonight or super disappointed - I hope they can both go through but if I could choose just one then I would want Ash to win. My Hurricanes just snuck into the finals so I won't be too disappointed if they don't go any further.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Yes same here @Zoe7 😀

Did you see the match last night Nadal vs Theme? Was happy to see The Austrian win. I saw the match earlier today with Dylan Alcott playing in the quad wheelchair mens singles tennis. Those guys are amazing!  Go Ash. 😀🎾

I saw a little of the game last night but was only in between doing things @Former-Member I was happy for Thiem to win - nice to have some 'fresh faces' in the finals - but would have been happy to see Nadal win as well - I do like him.

Missed Alcott's match but love to see him doing so well still. We have some wonderful Aussie ambassadors for the sport at the moment (and some not great ones also Smiley Tongue)

Former-Member
Not applicable

Ohhhh Ash!  So disappointed for Ash. She had set points in both sets, but lost them both. Although Kenin played really well, I thought Ash was totally off her game today. Serve was off, and heaps of uncharacteristic errors. @Zoe7 

Oh well .. go Canes.

And I hope Federer beats Djokovic.

Yes disappointing @Former-Member but she really did not play well. Kenin had all the answers and Ash just could not get into the game. She did well to get this far though - a semi-final of a grand slam is a pretty great effort.

I don't think my Canes will win tonight either but hoping it being a home match will lift them a little. It will come down to our bowling attack - I think they need to bowl them out to win and that is a tall order.

Hey @Zoe7 @Former-Member

Normally I would go for Djoko but I thi k Federer has bounced back a good deal. Underdogs always get my vote.

Shame about ash barty but I guess this is a sign of what she is made of. More to come I think

Will be watching tennis I think tonight.

I actually don't care who wins the tennis tonight @MDT - both are champions but I will be going for Thiem to go all the way this year after his win last night.

Cricket for me tonight - go the Cane Train 👍

@Former-Member I didn't watch your game last night but was super happy when I found out the result today. Your Sixers must have bowled so well to dismiss the Stars for 99 - now to the final ...I will be going for your Sixers Hon 👍

Watching tennis right now - Alcott is playing in the final - if he wins I think it is 6 in a row - such a champion either way.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Zoe7  😀

Yes Im watching Dylan Alcott match too. Pretty dominant so far.

I was so disappointed in my Sixers last night when they only got 142 batting first. None of our batters could get going. Was resigned to a big loss. But yes, they bowled so well and just kept getting wickets. Including both Maxwell and Stoinis cheaply. 

So its a home final for them now. Although in this form of cricket there really is no real home ground advantage. Franchises mean they come from everywhere. But its great for the fans to have home final. Just gotta wait another 2 matches to see who we play now. Strikers vs Thunder tonight, the winner to play Stars.

Sherry

I saw a little of the match last night as I dozed on and off before heading to be @Former-Member I thought the same as you - the Stars would chase down a small target easily but your guys must have bowled so well s0 I am really happy for you. What that does mean is if your batters can get going in the final they will be a formidable side to get over - I don't think it matters who you play - I think you can win it this year.

...and very much hoping for you that they do Heart

Yes Alcott is all over Lapthorne but he has fought back this set - and good on him - would rather a tight match than a walkover.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.