Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: not feeling good

@BlueBay
what about putting on a fave movie-one you know isn't triggering and see if that helps to ease some of the flashbacks?

@outlander 

Im going to try to put some favourite music on my phone try to listen to it before I go to sleep 

thank you xx

I think thats a really good idea @BlueBay maybe a phone game like word search could be good to do too to have something else to focus on

@BlueBay It sounds like you're taking some steps to distract yourself. I'd also encourage you to keep posting in the forums, maybe in one of the social threads. And of course don't hesitate to reach out for extra support if you need, there's always the crisis lines. 

I'm not in a social mood right now @Jynx  sorry 

I'm going now 

I am triggered 

damn flashbacks 

My phone is about to die 

I don't want this anymore 

I'm sick of flashbacks 

memories 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Dear @BlueBay 

So sorry to read of your flashbacks last night. Thats so awful and I feel very deeply for you. For both that terrified and confused little girl you were, and for the grown woman you've become.

Im sorry I wasnt around last night to try to help calm and comfort you. But very glad you were in such good hands as @Jynx @outlander @Faith-and-Hope 

I hope you eventually fell into an exhausted sleep, and are feeling better for that, this morning.

What are your plans for today? How is the sore throat and inflamed tonsils?

Sherry 💖

@Former-Member 

It was horrible. So real. I was scared. Don't know why it happened. 
I managed to fall to sleep 

I feel rattled this morning 

my throat is feeling a little better which is good. At least I can swallow with no pain 

Thanks @Jynx @outlander for helping me last night. 

Another easy day today. 

@BlueBay  💙💙💙💙

Thank you @Maggie  Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.