Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Lost my faith in everything

Hi @Former-Member , I've been thinking about you.  Wish I had framed my post to you better than I did.  I apologise if I came across as uncaring or crass.  I wonder if your getting any help with some of this and if your sleeping alright.  When I had my downward spiral last year, it was really triggered by lack of sleep and I wouldn't want that happening to you.

I think with some time and effort you should be able to get at least some of those things back into your life.  I have bipolar 2, do you have borderline personality disorder or what I have?  It's a bit confusing.  Can you talk to your partner about getting more affection like you had?  I don't think it's a lot to ask someone and as they say sometimes a little can go a long way.  I really hope you can turn things around and want to be here more than you do now.  

Your shack in the mountain sounds lovely.

I hope your having a better day today.  

Hi @Gazza75 

Strangely i AM having a better day...my remaining chickens will be rehomed tonite to a lovely girl who has lots of feathered friends for them to stay warm with and entertain themselves...just the 2 of them isn't much quality of life just pecking around my small yard and it's getting well below 0 here at night and im scared they'll freeze without the extra body heat...

I'm also trawling through govt websites and legislation regarding deer hunting here in TAS and i'm hoping to get some animal rights organisations on side...they are not culling those deer without me getting in their way...if i do nothing else in my life...i WILL save them...or unlive trying (i'm guessing dee.eye.ee is not allowed in posts)

at the very least i will piss off a bunch of public servants and hunters...

so i guess i found a reason to stay...for now

Hi @Former-Member ,

Great that you are having a better day today.  I'm glad you have found a home for your chickens.  I used to have a few myself and enjoyed watching them scratch around the yard.  I still hear roosters now if I wake up really early in the mornings.  

Good luck with trying to stop the deer hunting.  I'm sure there will be other people who feel as passionately as you do about it.  I would think that if you own the land and did not want hunters entering then they should not be able to.

I hope you can find other reasons to stay as well @Former-Member .

hello @Former-Member , we are here for you Heart

Harnessing anger towards causes you believe in seems a good way to manage it.

@Former-Member 

Maybe its not others who can say things that change your life, but having some contact and being heard, has helped me change my outlook, to being more accepting and generating better social responses.

btw I believe in your cause. Go for it.

Smiley Happy

well that didn't last long...i found a facebook group full of residents in that town full of deer and i made the mistake of asking questions about hunting up there n voiced my opinion...and a resident went off at me...accusing me of making waves n that its none of my business cos i dont live there yet...no surprise i was told (in private) he's a hunter n has lived there a grand total if 12mths....some have said they love the deer too but only support me in private....oh  n the wilderness society says they can do nothing because their campaigns only support the wilderness n wildlife....am  i missing something here?? so fk it...deer may or may not come back....not my place to give a f##k apparently... like i said...always gonna be a$$holes n bad $hits always gonna happen...

Really sorry to hear that @Former-Member Smiley Sad It's often the pro-hunting groups that are the most vocal and aggressive about their stance, don't let that other resident get to you. Maybe you could document the deer up there, create an account for them on Instagram and make them famous so the town start to see them as a tourist attraction or part of the community? Animal accounts get a lot of love on Instagram, and we haven't seen many for deer Heart

Hi, although I have decided to reply to your post as my first post on these discussion forums.

I relate to some aspects of the difficulties (and views you have). Through my experience I have learned to not trust other people, I do not know any person that I trust. Of course there are different levels of trust. I would trust various people to be likely to get me milk from the shops if they say they will, the issue I have is with how people think about things, for this reason I am careful to never discuss certain things with anyone.

I also do not like various aspects of the society I live in. Don't get me wrong, I rate this place better than Iraq, but nonetheless you can still fall victim to serious issues here in our society. I think our society has serious social issues of a complex nature.

An issue I have with others is if they are "straight up" with me, about issues such as if they have view towards me or some interest between us.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.