Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: EMDR - Has anyone done this

@eth 

I just got a call from the council & theyre going to help me with my advert. I wrote to them to let them know i was unsure if id done it right. So i feel a bit more relieved now. 

Theyre also going to put up a flyer in their place.

No1 else is doing this class & many dont know what resistance bands are for however the feedback im getting is that its great for people with injuries & imbalances.

Ive just gotta be patient.

At least theyre renting the hall at a cheaper price for me to get it started.

Hi @Former-Member  Good news about the council helping out with ads and also about the hall coming thru' for you.

Just wondering why you feel you've only 2 years to reach your financial goal for future security?  I haven't worked for many years, have no savings or superannuation, but I know I'll at least be able to have an aged pension in this country.  I'm 56 and even at this age I hope to be back in the workforce at some stage before I'm done.  And to do some more study or training before then.   Working part-time and/or voluntarily would be enough if that's how it works out.  For my self-worth if nothing else.  Just saying, surely there are more options than going back to a life it seems you feel better out of.

@eth 

@Doglover 

@Zoe7 

@Gazza75 

Anyone else who finds me

I went to aqua class this am & the horrible lady behind the counter came over to me saying that theyve had 2 complaints about me promoting my business. 

People in the pool saw me as new & asked me what i did. I told them i moved here with my son. I work as lollipop lady do a couple of classes at a gym & now council have given me a hall to teach from. They asked me about the class so i told them.

I felt myself totally struggle emotionally. All the time ive been there theyve watched me like a hawk. Really sm town bullying. I didnt understand why because i was happy there & people were warming to me.

I just couldnt stay there. The lady next to me that liked me said they cant do that its a public pool. The horrible lady said i needed to ask for permission to promote my business. Its hardly a business. One class at a hall! Im on a dsp & will never work fulltime ever again.

I doubt anyone has complained about me other than the aqua teachers feeling threatened by me being there.

I felt so unwanted in a new town.

I just was falling to pieces so i walked out. At home i tried to ph council but i was on hold. I then had thoughts that i cant share here. I really was struggling.

So i drove into the council. They realised how bad i was & got me into an office. Eventually there were 2. They were pretty horrified by how id been treated.

They assured me id done nothing wrong at all & praised me for letting them know. I told them i was only telling them cause of how it affected me & what it made me want to do which surprised me also. I had to speak out to stop myself from doing harm to myself.

If im gone my son has nothing not even a home.

All to stop members coming to my one class that they asked about.

Im a threat to people that have everything & i have nothing.

The council asked me to stay away from pool til mon so they can address this straight away.

I told them theyll do it to another person & maybe The next person doesnt speak out.

I have no idea who this stemmed from. I told the trainer  i was learning off het & she appeared to want to help me so i dont think its her. I think its the company that run this pool however its a council pool.

Everytime i was in there & this horrible lady was on duty she watched me & gossiped about me to the other staff.

They told me today shes leaving Fri but Council assured me not til they talk to her & find out why she treated me so badly.

This arvo Police came to my hse to see if i was ok.

I told them i had a class to teach at 5.15 so id been resting.Police know the gym owner. I said shes nice.

They asked me if i have a dr. I told them dr thinks if i pray & forgive everyone itll b all fixed & i also said dr surgery wont send my files to another surgery. C more control issues. 

Told them im having to wait til end nov for a psychiatrist & psychologist is away this wk so there isnt anyone. Its just the way my life is.

I made my situation very clear to Council tho. Im ex nurse ex army & now ive nothing & people with everything will try & stop me from even making friends to get support.

This is exactly what happened in Melb gyms. The staff eye balled me watched who i spoke to & began bullying me to get rid of me.

I almost had a complete breakdown there.

Id just like to know who is doing this & why

Ive now paid for my course & now this

Struggling tonight feeling very unwelcome

Thank u @eth . I know it's late but just thought I wld check and see if u we're around

Hi @Zoe7 , I know it's late, just checking on the off chance ur around

Hi @Gazza75 , I know it's late, just checking on the off chance you r around.

Hi @Doglover , sorry I missed you.. i'm not on very much in the afternoons or evenings.  Nice to hear from you.  HeartSmiley LOL

@Former-Member, thats horrific and very unfair ot the lady at the pool.  I don't think you have done anything wrong at all.  Hopefully the people from the council will lodge a complaint about her and do something about it.  Makes me wonder about some people, it really does.  Good on you for walking out and getting through it and also speaking up about it.  Take care HeartHeart

@Gazza75 

Ive only just gotten over last trigger.

Its just lucky im off lollipop duty as i wasnt in much of a state to work.

Theyre onto it quickly the council. 

Theyve clearly been doing this to others & getting away with it for a while.

Yeah people expected me to just ignore it but i cant tolerate being bullied anymore.  It really affects me.  Its stems from incredible bullying from my jealous mother.its very deeply rooted with me & is the reason why i broke in my life. Its why i havent been able to work but im trying so hard now to do a bit of work.

Ive had a rough sleep ill have to take it easy today.

The staff at the pool will think twice about approaching me in the future.

They clearly need a good shake up there.

Very sm town bullying indeed but very nasty as i was hoping to make friends their to get support.

My jaw is back tight again. The meds only cover the symptoms.

Guess ill just b sad for a few days now til i feel normal again.

@Former-Member 

I'm glad you didn't ignore it, I think most of us probably would of.  I hope you can get some rest intoday and your jaw gets a little better.  It's hard to get it all back together after being broken, i've only just started to really learn and understand that recently.  I find it really hard to let go of the past and things / people that caused issues for Me. 

In my case it was mainly sister in law.  I've tried to move on from it, but, its still effecting my life.  My nephew had a birthday this week and I was basically excluded from any contact with him.  All I could do was send him a message on facebook, I never heard back from him.  Not looking forward to xmas this year, last year I put up with it, but, it was a challenge and I'm not sure I want to do it again this time around.

I hope your not sad for too long, I'm around most days if it helps to talk.  Not on much in the afternoon or evenings.  No internet other than when I go to the gym. 🙂

@Gazza75 

U did send the message its all u can do.

Someone had to speak out & put a stop to this crap.

She targeted the wrong woman. I had to fight back to a lot of bullying in Melb. It was either hurt myself or speak out. They needed to understand what causes people to do that. 

Theyll all think twice about attacking me at the pool next wk.

Now ill just have to face everyone next wk. My next challenge

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.