Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: EMDR - Has anyone done this

@Zoe7 

Social media is pretty harsh here. I do feel the aqua is the go tho. Theres some nice women in there that i feel will just accept me as me. Warts n all so to speak.

Thanks for understanding the triggers thats what really got to me i think. Cause ive been doing quite well.

I really do feel that teaching my passion will really help me slowly develop my confidence again.

Totally agree there. 

As for music i dont need an audience. Think im more a composer personality & its why i possibly clash with theatre people that need to get attention thru performing.

I was very good with acting in Melb but im very introverted.

Being introverted as well as having bpd makes it very hard being around people. 

@Doglover ♥️♥️🌸🌸🌼🌼🌺🌺

I actually avoid most social media @Former-Member Not something I need constantly in my life. I don't see the point in putting everything about ourselves out there into the world for all to see. That is what I like about here - we can talk openly but anonymously with people that get it and support us.

Triggers can certainly come from unexpected sources and when we least expect them. When we are not doing so well they can have a greater impact as well - things do seem to snowball in those instances. Sit with those feelings tonight, recognise that there has been an impact on you and that self-care is important. We often need time to process things and let them sit for a while to come at them with fresh eyes as well - so tomorrow is a new day.

@Zoe7 yes agree thanks

Time to chill tonight. Nothing like sleep to help recover too

I avoid the social media here as i know ill only get triggered. Theyre really full on here. Very nasty indeed

@Zoe7 

@Gazza75 

@eth 

Ive got 2wks off lollipop duty now so ill just focus on aqua & exercise classes.

+ ill pay to start this course. Keep telling myself i can do it over 6mnths if need b .

I need to juggle doing everything without getting too overwelmed.

In Melb when i studied i was only doing lollipop duty & singing training

Now ive got a 3 exercise classes lollipop duty singing & piano so need to pace myself.

Glad i dont have a piano teacher itd stress me out way too much at this point

Balance is so important in everything we do @Former-Member but can also be the hardest thing to learn. You sound like you have thought about it all very carefully and won't extend yourself far beyond your own limitations - that is positive Hon.

@eth 

@Zoe7 

Yeah i had a support person that i felt was pushing me so i got rid of her.

Feel freer now to decide myself how much i can cope with.

Really soooo important

Im an active person but im also 55 too lol

Age is no opposition to activity @Former-Member Smiley Very Happy

@Zoe7 

@Gazza75 

@eth 

Yeah really glad i spent so many yrs fixing my body now

Cause altho ive still got mild scholiosis i can do way more exercise than most my age

Im hoping with sticking with piano & singing ill b able to look back in 5yrs with the same attitude of gratification cause i will have done all the hard work & will just b able to enjoy it for my own self pleasure like i do with exercise

Thanks @Zoe7 . Every moment is torture.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.