Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Ladybeetle
New Contributor

Depression anxiety and feeling anger

i am on escolitopram for my dep/ anx<br>I am just wondering if this one is know to cause weight gain ? I seem to have gained extra weight <br>Also I feel so angry sometimes on top of my dep/ anx<br>And the other week I felt so anxious in a plane all of a sudden it was like the cabin lost oxygen that's how it felt anyway.<br>I feel like the meds dont work properly. <br>I am scared of i stop taking the meds I'll go crazy because I did last time but also don't want to be on meds all my life
1 REPLY 1

Re: Depression anxiety and feeling anger

Ladybeetle

Go back and talk to your GP.If you are not happy seek a second opinion.In my past I put trust in "professionals" and when I reflect back I should've went elsewhere.You have actually answered your own question because of your doubts.Its important if you need drugs to get the right ones.I had two experiences with two antidepressants, first one I lasted three days,gave me disturbing dreams and when I took them it was"goodnight !,see you next year!" .The second time years later I was prescribed another in 2013, after two days I had facial ticks,muscle spasms,rapid heartbeat,severe sweating,agitation which made me vocalise syllables .I was like someone with cerebral palsy and it took 6-12 months to re-cover.I had to go to a psychiatrist to be prescribed the right antidepressants.We can have reactions in so many ways.You can have a mental health plan with a doctor but at the end of the day we have to have one for ourselves to keep us safe whether it's walking or just promising yourself not to put yourself down.Drugs should relieve symptoms not make them worse or create more.Do what you can to keep yourself safe that's how I survive day to day ,or try to.If you choose to use medication make sure it's the right one for you and have the right "help".

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.