Skip to main content

Re: Any diagnosed germophobes or hoarders on this forum?

Your family situation sounds awful, @Dimity . I'm so sorry. 

I'm glad there's been no more altercations, but I assume there is still dread of more happening. 😥

Looks like we are both psychological messes at the same time. 🫂

Do you think the SANE Guided Service counselling would help you? 

I'm watching the sunshine out the window. Too scared to be out in it. I have library books ready to puck up but don't want to leave the house. Scrolling on Facebook a little this afternoon. Only the innocuous stuff. Can't really concentrate. 

I always thought of the library as a safe space @NatureLover . I hope you can venture there... and if you drive it's not like taking public transport. 

No, I'm not eligible for the SANE Guided Service. I do have a MHCP and I'm halfway through my allocated Medicare psychology sessions. I  cancelled as I felt so lost, and I don't know whether I'll be able to go back. 

Good night.  I hope you get a good night's sleep. 

Hello @Dimity , @NatureLover , @Ru-bee . @tyme . @Eve7 

how are you going today 

we went for a drive this morning but back home again because of the march flies are really bad

No, I'm not eligible for the SANE Guided Service. sorry to hear that @Dimity 

I was thinking of going for peer support worker but i am not eligible because of my location  

Hello @Shaz51 sorry to hear about the March flies, they can be vicious. 

You'd make a great peer support worker, you've had lots of experience doing it online. 

It's nice and sunny here

I don't know how I missed your reply, sorry @Dimity .

I wasn't sure whether you cancelled the new psychologist entirely, but it sounds like you might've cancelled just one session? 

If you've cancelled her entirely, would that mean you'd be eligible for the SANE Guided Service? As you'd be without any form of professional support? 

I ended up going to the library yesterday and grocery shopping. Yes, the library is usually a safe space for me too. I also was brave and sat outside today in the sun for about 40 minutes. Now hiding inside again. 

Hope you are OK... 🤞 ...or coping... 

I'm glad you're up and about again @NatureLover .

I understand my postcode isn't eligible for the guided service.

Yes I cancelled a scheduled psychology appointment and I'm not sure if I'll go back. 

It's good you could sit outside - I take it you weren't disturbed by dogs or cigarette smoke in that time. That's hopeful.

Awww @NatureLover @Dimity ,

Sounds like a lot is happening. I'm here to lend an ear if you need anything.

I recognise it's been rough for you lately.

Hugs to you both.

Thanks for your kind words and hugs, @tyme 

I'm not really up and about properly. Apart from those 2 things, I've been hiding in bed. 

The new neighbour works during the day, luckily. 

I had no idea that postcodes affected eligibility for the Guided Service 😥. I'm really sorry to hear you're not eligible 😥

Good luck with your decision about whether or not to continue with that psychologist. It would be a tough one. 

@Dimity 

Getting up and going out was quite an achievement then @NatureLover . Hope you were rewarded by a good choice of books. 

Glad you'll be able to avoid your neighbour some days at least.

Do you have any plans for the weekend? I'll have to do some chores as household stuff has come to a halt. 

Did you manage to catch up with your psychologist?

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.