Skip to main content

Re: Any diagnosed germophobes or hoarders on this forum?

Thanks, @Dimity .

I hope you have the time and the space to tackle those boxes. I think there is some pressure from your helper...?

Hope also that the almost-spring weather helps your walking. 

@NatureLover I do feel additional pressure from having the helper - it keeps me accountable. 

Today I cleaned and decluttered for 4 hours, and walked and exercised as well. I lifted boxes I shouldn't lift. Very tired and sore. Yes, pleasant weather.

There's been pressure from family to do something like a Swedish death clean but I can't go that minimal in the first instance. Anyway I'd like to reclaim my life, not discount it. 

Hoping you're feeling on top of things at home and work - and catching up.

Hi @Dimity ... So the pressure from the helper is a good thing? 

WOW about your efforts yesterday! A huge Well Done! Have you been sore today? 

I'm sorry you're getting that pressure from your family. That seems severe. 😥

Had a good day at work but still coughing with asthma. 

Do you have a date to start with  your new psychologist yet? 

It's a worry that your asthma is still persisting @NatureLover . I hope it eases soon.

I've suffered from yesterday's efforts, and my helper cancelled anyway, so doubly disappointing. 

Family pressures and conflicts are tearing me apart, and are escalating. 

I see the new psychologist  Wednesday. She will be very expensive.

I hope you're going OK, your illness seems to have eclipsed your usual challenges but I'm sure they wouldn't have gone away.

Thanks, @Dimity . 

Sorry to hear your helper cancelled 😣 and especially about the impact of the family issues on you 😥 So sorry to hear. 

Will the new psychologist be expensive even with the MHCP? 😥 I am sending wishes that you get off to a good start with her tomorrow 🤞

I forgot to tell you, I built the remaining set of shelves from the Reject Shop. They now take the overflow groceries from my kitchen floor! I still have a few bags on the kitchen floor with stuff from Bunnings and Officeworks, plus library books. But it's good news. 

There is now not a centimetre of space left in my house for anything. Not for furniture or items. So as you can imagine, receiving presents gets very stressful. However, in answer to your kind observation, one of my challenges has gone away with the building of the grocery shelves, thankfully. 

Well done re the shelves @NatureLover . 

One day I'll look into sorting my kitchen cupboards but that's not a priority at present.

Yes the new psychologist charges more than double the Medicare rebate. I'm second guessing my decision to try it. I'll  also have to deal with Medicare myself as she doesn't do it. 

Space and the lack of it. And stuff can expand and multiply to fill every nook and cranny. I was tidying today but was stumped as to where to store my gardening gloves. Such a little thing.

Hey @Dimity @NatureLover @Eve7 @Shaz51 @Lostsoul30 ,

How are my dear friends. I was passing through to see how the decluttering etc has been going. It sounds like a busy place here!

@NatureLover , had your asthma improved?

@Zoe7 , how's your hand?

@Dimity ,  you sound super productive!

@Eve7 - I read about your athletes training - please look after yourself.

@Shaz51 , how are you this week?

@Lostsoul30 , I'm not sure we have met, but it's good to say hello anyway - hello!

You're probably about to sign of @tyme but I wanted to thank you for the tag. 

Hey @Eve7  🙂

I read a little update from you on the forums (somewhere). Nice to hear from you.

So you still have studies?

Hi @Dimity , did you find somewhere to store your gardening gloves? 

And how did your first appt with your new psychologist go? Do you think you'll get along? 

I had to have an IT man to the house last Friday plus yesterday, as I did something to lock myself out of my documents. I haven't received a bill yet but no doubt it'll be a fright. 

I am slowly catching up a bit at work. 

Hoping your family pressure eases 🤞

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.