Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Any diagnosed germophobes or hoarders on this forum?

Thank you for your sweet message, dear @Anastasia Heart

I see you came home from work and are trying to work at home...it sounds difficult, and I hope you are coping OK. Sending much 💚 and wishes...

Thank you @NatureLover Heart

@Former-Member  I was delighted to meet another germophobe last night at the OCD discussion event. Just wanted to let you know about my thread here about germophobia, in case you were interested in discussing your OCD more 🙂

It's become a heavy burden; I am running out of space to put things. I have draws and shelves that could be better utilized but are full of cleaning and hygiene products. I am always buying new products. And I tend to get them in bulk. I've got stuff that has moved houses 4 times over several years. Stuff I will probably never use but don't want to get rid of because of whatever reason I come up with whenever the idea to dispose of them comes up.

@Emelia8  thanks for coming to the OCD event last night, I was glad to see you post 🙂 Take care on your big trip 💜

@Former-Member  It's true - OCD is a heavy burden, I reckon. I'm sorry you're so stressed about all the cleaning products in your home. 😞 It must be like a safety blanket for you. 

Do you have a psychologist /counsellor? I know my psychologist has helped me when it comes to getting rid of my hoarded things. It's an ongoing battle though.

@Eve7  it was really good to see you popped in to the OCD event last night, especially with your Mum's birthday 🙂 I was sorry not to see you post more, but I realise it would have been hard to get the time to attend at all. 

I hope your time with your Mum goes really well 💛

@

Yes, it is a safety blanket, but it comes from never feeling I have enough. I just started doing some ACT sessions, and they are starting to help me cope.

Hi lovely,

Bf just brought me some honey toast and a cuppa in bed ☺️ Hoping to get up to change the sheets today, I'm sure it will make me feel better. How are things in the office, I'm a little behind on how close before your manager finishes and how the new one is going. Hope you are enjoying your Sunday @NatureLover 

@Former-Member wrote:

Yes, it is a safety blanket, but it comes from never feeling I have enough. I just started doing some ACT sessions, and they are starting to help me cope.

Only just saw this - for some reason the tag didn't work, sorry, @Former-Member ! I'm glad you're finding the ACT helpful. 

Did you ever have a period of scarcity in your life? I had, and it definitely affected me long-term. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.