Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Am Not Coping

@Zoe7 @Former-Member sorry for leaving

Morning @Boonana 👋💕

Morning @Faith-and-Hope 😊

How are you doing @Boonana ?

Its a beautiful day here.  Yesterday was full of rain, today it’s blue skies and sunshine.

I’m not doing so good and have been like this for weeks..
@Faith-and-Hope How are you?

I’m doing okay @Boonana . There is generally a lot of chaos and things going wonky in my environment, which is hard to live with constantly.  Last week was rough, but it’s a bit quiet again now ..... for now.

I am sorry to hear you are not great @Boonana .

Are you seeing a counsellor for support ?

I’m glad it’s quiet now @Faith-and-Hope!
I missed an appointment yesterday that was really needed and I am so upset that I have to wait till next Saturday and it’s just so painful.
Nothing has gone my way lately and to be honest I just wanna give up cause fighting is so hard but I guess I have to keep putting up with pain for other people
I have recently seen a nurse also and I am not very healthy.. this ED is messing with my body and I have to go get tests done soon

As hard and scary as that might be, you’re being very brave ..... and the only real way to feel better is to accept treatment and start on a healing journey.  You are doing this for your future self too, because dealing with it while you are young will definitely reduce the long-term damage.

i think I have mentioned to you that my hubby has an eating disorder that he is not recognising for what it is, at least at one level.  It’s not denial as much as lack of insight.  Everyone but him can see the damage he is doing to himself and all his relationships.

While we can’t do anything other than walk along with him until he either wakes up to it, or it comes to medical attention, it is so good to hear that you are self-aware about your ED, and reaching for support to heal from it.

Go you .... ❣️

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Boonana  ... its lovely to see you again.  You never have to apologise btw for being absent from time to time, as you have been lately.  Its very much okay to come and go here, as you feel the need or want.  You are always very welcome, whether you are a daily poster or an occasional poster.  

I am sorry to hear you are not doing so well with your ED.  At least your medical team are aware of possible damage that your eating habit is doing and hopefully they can do something about it.  

I dont have much time right now.  I have had a visitor all week, she left yesterday and today I have another visitor arriving soon.  So I have lots to do and must rush.  I really just wanted to respond to your post to me this morning.  I am still around, although not as much as I sometimes am, or would like to be.

Hello everyone ... @Zoe7 @Faith-and-Hope @Shaz51 @BlueBay  and others

Sherry 🌺

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.