Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A Life of Trauma and Tragedy (Possibly Triggering Content)

Thanks @NatureLover .

The shaking is the internal shaking the one in your bones and within your heart, not so much outer stuff.

I already had an appointment with my psych for 2 days after the funeral.  So I will likely keep that.

Yes my psych is a lovely lady.  She texted me a few times yesterday.  And told me to contact her any time.

You are right .. I have absolutely amazing support here on the forums ... from so many beautiful members.

I am eternally grateful for every one of you.

Em

@Emelia8 🙏💞 breekie and meds sounds like a plan. 

A little better today, I was out of bed for a bit last night and had a small dinner. Hopefully a massive improvement today 🤞 I feel like I could sleep for a month 

@Emelia8 🤗💕

You are supported here so much my friend @Emelia8 

it is wonderful that you have an amazing psych, someone that you can lean on and she can and will support and help you

thinking of you today lovely xxxooo

Oh Em, I know that internal shaking, what is it I wonder? Your the only other person that's talked of it, accept an older lady I bumped into at the cemetery who just buried her hubby. Nobody talks about this stuff. 

What's this "silly" business -a perfect example of being hard on yourself, that's what it is... You go gently on yourself, don't rush it. Good to oee you this morning. Tinned fruit (in juice) works well when ya not hungry 💗 

So glad you are home @Emelia8 and back with Holly. I am sure she was excited to see you.

We are all here for you in whatever way you need us.

Please take care of you and surround yourself with support.

All my love

Snowie 💌💌💌

Thank you for thinking of me @Anastasia gently leaving an opening for me to be present at such a very personal time for Emelia.

@Emelia8  I silently send you feelings of support.

So many here all holding you up. 

A very private time for your loving heart.

I am struggling to convey to you; that loss and grief fill the void for now.

It does not get easier; the heaviness changes. You adapt to the changes.

Sounds like double dutch..words mean so little at this time.

Know that I am one of many holding you for as long as you need without entering your space.

love Sophia

I knew you would want to be here @Sophia1 thank you 🙏🌸🙏 hope you are doing ok x

Yes that is so true and thank you again @Anastasia 

It is impossible for me to keep up with my random visits and computer systems thrown in.

I do not know where people are at and am frightened to upset anyone.

I am struggling like many

I cant get out and walk. Isolation is a great alarm for me that my anxiety is high.

I do spend most of my time in the garden. Forever changing. Love it.

My family member (referred to in this manner as once visited the forums) Very astute.

Person is hospitalised again, longer this time.

They have tested iq which has come back in the very high range.

This does not surprise me at all has person has slipped under the radar for the majority of his life. Bamboozled a whole range of social workers, counsellors, psychologists and psychiatrists let alone gps.

Even police on number of times reported missing.

I am battling answering calls that include demands of must have now and abuse when told no.,

Have visited and was devastated at who faced me. He had to the same reaction. Said how very old I was. I think that he is in a time warp and believes that I am still his young mum.

Extremely difficult to walk with as moves around at full speed and I am a fast walker.

I still talk every day at least once. Just take a break when anxiety levels reach sky high.

Hope to be able to visit one day next week, depending on how person is. Not at all happy being there which is understandable when the person  believes that there is nothing wrong with them, just others interfering.

I read some of your thread., can't remember name now and know that you have one son with mind difficulties.

Tag me if you wish, 

Will always respond when next on-line.

I also take breaks as it takes me too long to think about what to say. Along with deleting half of it, rewriting and then losing possibly because of taking too long.

Still that is me.

Loss and grief play havoc with mind and memory, motivation, even discussion.

I still keep my humour and am able to laugh at myself.

PS I write epic responses , part of why they disappear I think 🙃🙃Take care

Sophia xx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.