Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

BlueBay
Senior Contributor

Spring has sprung!!!

Hi @Faith-and-Hope @Zoe7 @utopia @outlander @NikNik @Change123 @Phoenix_Rising @Shaz51  @Former-Member @Mazarita @Teej   and anyone else I have forgotten

Now that Spring is here what changes will you do for this new season? 

I have made one drastic change today - I cut my hair short.  I had medium length curly hair and today I took the plunge and got it cut short, but still left the top a little bit longer so I can curl it or straighten it.  My hairdresser was so excited that she could cut it. I was anxious but decided to just give it a go. Now I love it.

Another thing I am going to do is - on Monday I am going to start yoga again.  I will go and join a class.  Haven't been to this class before, i am scared, nervous but love yoga so much that I thought I need to do something for myself.

Has anyone made any changes or going to make some changes? Would love to hear them 🙂

14 REPLIES 14

Re: Spring has sprung!!!

Cutting your hair short is huge @BlueBay - that right there my little yellow butterfly shows your courage and strength Heart 

My only goal for spring is to stay alive and in doing so hopefully start to improve - both physically and mentally! It may not be much but it is all I can concentrate on for now.

Former-Member
Not applicable

YAY!! so glad you had a great hair cut today @BlueBay 🙂 Way to go on a lovely change just for you!
I can't wait for sunnier, dry days so that i can go out more iwht the kids. they are out door, full of energy kids so they get restless easy inside.
Hope that the yoga goes well!

Hi @Former-Member

Yeah me too, i can't wait for the warmer weather and nicer days.  Just to be outside and doing stuff makes me feel better.  And for you - yeah I can imagine how frustrated they must be not being able to play outside.  Before we know it, it will be nice and warm and then we will be complaining it's too hot!!!   I don't mind though, I love the beach weather.

Hope you're well Lisa, have a nice weekend.  xxxooo

@Zoe7

I thought about cutting my hair for a few weeks and I thought if people don't like it - well I don't care anymore.  It's my hair, I love it.  And anyway it will grow out if I didn't like it.  

People judge too often, too quickly.  I am one that really takes what people say to me to heart.  So I have to be careful that I don't take in what others say to me in my face about my new hairstyle.  I know I love it, but if others don't like it and say something, I have to remember it's my hair not theirs. Right???

Boy where did that all come from?? my mouth.  I can't believe I just said all the above.

Normally that's not me, i am a quiet shy person who gives in to whatever others say and never has any changes to my hair or clothes. Wow i have surprised myself with what i just wrote.

Zoe, maybe I am changing

Maybe you are sweetheart - so positive @BlueBay Heart

@BlueBay - my aim for Spring - walk. Even just to the end of the street and back. I have to walk at least once this week before I see my psychologist on Thursday. And then walk some more and more often. Motivation needed.

I'll help you motivate you @utopia

I need to walk as well.  I used to walk heaps daily but I lost my motivation.  But now with spring I feel I need to start my walking regime daily again.  

I am glad you will start to walk slowly and increase it slowly.  Way to go @utopia xxxooo

Good for you @BlueBay ..... ❣️

I'm changing cities ...... lol ..... oh that's right, it want really my choice ..... 🤣🤣🤣

Sorry ..... just looking for some humour in my situation ......

Walking goals are great @utopia ..... I hope to start walking more again too. Have to start looking for dolphins again cos that is something I am going to really miss ......

@Faith-and-Hope

I remmeber you walking and you would put up here what you saw each day.  I loved reading about your walking adventures.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Health Australia All rights reserved.